Difference between revisions of "Larry Phillips (Texas)"
|Line 76:||Line 76:|
Phillips served on the following [[Texas House of Representatives]] committees:
Revision as of 10:34, 15 March 2013
|Texas State House, District 62|
|2003 - Present|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||12|
|Per diem||$150 per day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||January 2003|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Phillips served on the following committees:
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2013|
Phillips served on the following Texas House of Representatives committees:
|Texas Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Border & Intergovernmental Affairs|
|• General Investigating & Ethics|
|• Transportation, Chair|
- HB 106 - Relating to a minimum salary schedule for certain professional public school employees with more than 20 years of experience.
- HB 109 - Relating to the issuance of "Choose Life" license plates and the creation of the Choose Life account in the general revenue fund.
- HB 2232 - Relating to the creation of a county court at law in Fannin County.
- HB 4674 - Relating to the regulation of driver's licenses and personal identification certificates by the Department of Public Safety of the State of Texas, including enforcement measures against fictitious or fraudulently obtained licenses or certificates; providing a criminal penalty.
Phillips won re-election in the 2012 election for Texas House of Representatives, District 62. Phillips was unopposed in the May 29 primary and defeated Eristeo Perez (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 62, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Larry Phillips Incumbent||75.7%||40,219|
| Texas House of Representatives, District 62 |
2010 General election results
|Larry Philips (R)||26,133||87.72%|
|Kenneth Myers (L)||3,657||12.27%|
On November 4, 2008, Phillips won re-election to the Texas House of Representatives from Texas's 62nd District, defeating Peter Veeck (D). Phillips received 37,588 votes in the election while Veeck received 17,365 votes. Phillips raised $107,784 for his campaign.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 62|
|Larry Phillips (R)||37,588||68.40%|
|Peter Veeck (D)||17,365||31.59%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Phillips raised a total of $101,086 in 2010. Below are Phillips' top 3 campaign contributors in the 2010 election:
|Union Pacific Corp.||$3,500|
|Texas House Republican Leadership Fund||$2,500|
Below are Phillips's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma||$4,000|
|Coalition for Better Transporation||$3,000|
|Texas Automobile Dealers Assoc||$3,000|
|Texas Electric Cooperatives||$3,000|
Empower Texans Fiscal Responsibility Index
Empower Texans produces the Fiscal Responsibility Index as "a measurement of how lawmakers perform on size and role of government issues." The index uses "exemplar votes on core budget and free enterprise issues that demonstrate legislators' governing philosophy." Legislators are graded along a standard grading scale, receiving grades A through F based on their performance during the legislative session.
Larry Phillips received a grade of A+ on the 2011 Fiscal Responsibility Index.
- 2011 Taxpayer Champion. Phillips was named a "2011 Taxpayer Champion," which is "the top award presented by Texans for Fiscal Responsibility to legislators based on their rating on the most recent Fiscal Responsibility Index."
- Texas House of Representatives - Rep. Phillips
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Freedom Speaks profile
- Texas State Directory profile
- Texas Political Almanac HD 62 page
- Texas Tribune profile & bio
- Vote-TX.org profile
- State Surge profile
- Texas Conservative Coalition profile
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Phillips
- Texas Legislature - Bills Authored/Joint Authored by Rep. Phillips
- Texas GOP list of candidates for 2012 Elections
- Texas Secretary of State Election History
- Official Texas Election Results
- Texas House official election results for 2008
- District 62 Texas House candidate funds, 2008
- Follow the Money - 2010 Campaign contributions
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
- Empower Texans, "Fiscal Responsibility Index"
- Empower Texans, "2011 Taxpayer Champions
|Texas House District 62
| Succeeded by|
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |