Difference between revisions of "Larry Sheets"
|Line 179:||Line 179:|
<!-- 2014 categories -->
<!-- 2014 categories -->
Revision as of 00:39, 23 July 2014
|Iowa House of Representatives District 80|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 11, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Master's||University of Michigan|
Sheets earned his B.S. Electrical Engineering from Purdue University and his M.S. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Michigan.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Sheets served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Economic Growth|
|• Environmental Protection|
|• Labor, Vice-chair|
|• Local Government|
Sheets' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Creation and retention of manufacturing activity in Southeast Iowa. Representation of rural and agriculture based industry."
- Excerpt: "The power to tax is the power to destroy. The power to borrow for the People is the power to enslave the people. These powers need limiting."
- Excerpt: "Removal of activist judges who impose their will on the people. Pursue life for the unborn and the elderly. Insure the Bill of Rights apply for all people because 'Our Liberties We Prize and Our Rights We Will Maintain'. Support traditional families and their values. Appropriate funding for rural schools to insure their survival and their towns’ vitality."
Elections for the office of Iowa House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Larry Sheets was unopposed in the Republican primary and will face Deb Ballalatak (D) and Jared Godby (I) in the general election. Ballalatak filed to run on August 15, 2014.
Sheets ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 80. Sheets ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012 and defeated Joseph Judge (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 80, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Sheets is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Sheets raised a total of $103,837 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 20, 2013.
|Larry Sheets's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Iowa State House, District 80||$103,837|
|Grand Total Raised||$103,837|
2012Sheets won election to the Iowa House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Sheets raised a total of $103,837.
|Iowa House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Larry Sheets's campaign in 2012|
|Iowa Republican Party||$90,151|
|John Deere & Co||$800|
|Total Raised in 2012||$103,837|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Sheets and his wife, Carolyn, have eight children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Larry + Sheets + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Iowa House of Representatives
- Iowa House Committees
- Iowa House of Representatives District 80
- Iowa State Legislature
- Rep. Sheets's website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Larry Sheets on Facebook
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- sheetsforiowahouse.com, "Official Campaign Website," accessed April 8, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Sheets, Larry," accessed September 20, 2013
Mark S. Lofgren (R)
|Iowa House District 80
| Succeeded by|
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |