|Iowa House of Representatives District 80|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 11, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Master's||University of Michigan|
Sheets attended the University of Michigan, receiving a Master's degree in Electrical Engineering. He also earned a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from Purdue University.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Sheets served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Economic Growth|
|• Environmental Protection|
|• Labor, Vice-chair|
|• Local Government|
Sheets' website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Creation and retention of manufacturing activity in Southeast Iowa. Representation of rural and agriculture based industry."
- Excerpt:"The power to tax is the power to destroy. The power to borrow for the People is the power to enslave the people. These powers need limiting."
- Excerpt:"Removal of activist judges who impose their will on the people. Pursue life for the unborn and the elderly. Insure the Bill of Rights apply for all people because 'Our Liberties We Prize and Our Rights We Will Maintain'. Support traditional families and their values. Appropriate funding for rural schools to insure their survival and their towns’ vitality."
Sheets ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 80. Sheets ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012 and defeated Joseph Judge (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 80, General Election, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Sheets and his wife Carolyn have eight children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Larry + Sheets + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rep. Sheets's website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Larry Sheets on Facebook
Mark S. Lofgren (R)
|Iowa House District 80
| Succeeded by|
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |