|Virginia House of Delegates, District 47|
|Bachelor's||Georgia Southern University, 2007|
|Place of birth||Lafayette, LA|
Delhomme earned her Bachelor of Science degree from Georgia Southern University in 2007.
Delhomme’s website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Cut Taxes and Spending
Excerpt: "I believe that our state government should be limited to protecting our rights. It should not act as our provider, supplying us with health care, education, and other benefits. Recently, the Legislature and Governor passed a massive tax increase on Virginians. It was passed with the support of Republicans, Democrats, and Republican Governor Bob McDonnell. I oppose what they did."
- End the War on Drugs
Excerpt: "Selling and using drugs may be personally unwise, but those activities don't violate anyone's rights. By establishing drug prohibition, our government has taken a modest problem and turned it into a huge problem. Now we have to deal with drug gangs and black markets, and taxpayers have to pay to keep thousands of people in jail."
- Efficient transportation
Excerpt: "Government involvement in transportation drives up costs, reduces choice, creates congestion, and provides opportunities for corruption. In a free market, quality would improve, and competition would bring down prices. Customers and suppliers would determine how much of a particular transportation mode was offered, such as roads, trains, buses, taxis, bicycle lanes, and pedestrian access."
Laura Delhomme speaks to the Libertarian Party of Virginia
In 2013, Delhomme’s endorsements included the following:
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Laura + Delhomme + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website
- Candidate Facebook page
- Candidate Twitter feed
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Virginia State Board of Elections, "2013 Official Candidates List for House of Delegates by District", Accessed July 11, 2013
- Laura Delhomme, "Issues," accessed September 4, 2013
- Virginia Board of Elections, "Unofficial Results - General Election," accessed November 5, 2013
- Independent Political Report, "Candidate for Virginia House of Delegates Laura Delhomme Endorsed by Gary Johnson," May 2, 2013
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |