|Illinois House of Representatives District 17|
|2013 - Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Glenbrook South High School (1985)|
|Master's||Northeastern Illinois University (1999)|
|Date of birth||December 13, 1966|
|Place of birth||Glenview, IL|
|Profession||Clerk of Northfield Township|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Fine served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations-Higher Education|
|• Business Growth & Incentives, Vice-chair|
|• Consumer Protection|
|• Health & Healthcare Disparities|
|• Human Services|
Fine's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Fighting for Jobs and Economic Development
- Excerpt: "Putting people back to work means creating an environment that fosters job creation for Illinois residents."
- Protecting our Children
- Excerpt: "As a mother and teacher, Fine knows we must protect our children from dangerous sexual predators."
- Demanding Budget Accountability
- Excerpt: "State budgets full of inefficient spending shortchange taxpayers and the children, seniors and vulnerable citizens who depend on state services."
Fine won election in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 17. Fine was unopposed in the March 20 Democratic primary and defeated Kyle Frank (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 17, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Laura Fine Incumbent||65.8%||32,876|
Fine and her husband, Michael, have two sons.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Laura + Fine + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Laura Fine for State Representative of the 17th District Facebook page
Daniel K. Biss (D)
|Illinois House of Representatives District 17
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |