|Illinois House of Representatives District 17|
|2013 - Present|
|January 14, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Glenbrook South High School (1985)|
|Master's||Northeastern Illinois University (1999)|
|Birthday||December 13, 1966|
|Place of birth||Glenview, IL|
|Profession||Clerk of Northfield Township|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Fine served on the following committees:
|Illinois Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations-Higher Education|
|• Business Growth & Incentives, Vice-chair|
|• Consumer Protection|
|• Health & Healthcare Disparities|
|• Human Services|
Fine's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Fighting for Jobs and Economic Development
- Excerpt: "Putting people back to work means creating an environment that fosters job creation for Illinois residents."
- Protecting our Children
- Excerpt: "As a mother and teacher, Fine knows we must protect our children from dangerous sexual predators."
- Demanding Budget Accountability
- Excerpt: "State budgets full of inefficient spending shortchange taxpayers and the children, seniors and vulnerable citizens who depend on state services."
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on March 18, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Incumbent Laura Fine is unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Kathleen Myalls is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Fine won election in the 2012 election for Illinois House of Representatives District 17. Fine was unopposed in the March 20 Democratic primary and defeated Kyle Frank (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 17, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Laura Fine Incumbent||65.8%||32,876|
Comprehensive donor information for Fine is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Fine raised a total of $238,834 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 18, 2013.
|Laura Fine's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Illinois State House, District 17||$238,834|
|Grand Total Raised||$238,834|
2012Fine won election to the Illinois House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Fine raised a total of $238,834.
|Illinois House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Laura Fine's campaign in 2012|
|Illinois Democratic Party||$66,368|
|Democratic Party of Illinois||$39,312|
|Construction & General Laborers District Council of Chicago & Vicinity||$15,000|
|North Suburban Teachers Union||$10,000|
|Stand for Children||$7,308|
|Total Raised in 2012||$238,834|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Fine and her husband, Michael, have two sons.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Laura + Fine + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Laura Fine for State Representative of the 17th District Facebook page
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Campaign website, Issues
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Unofficial candidate list," accessed December 3, 2013
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed January 18, 2013
- followthemoney.org, "Fine, Laura," accessed July 18, 2013
Daniel K. Biss (D)
|Illinois House of Representatives District 17
| Succeeded by|
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |