|Idaho House of Representatives District 9A|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position (current service)||18|
|Years in position (previous service)||1|
|Speaker of the House, Idaho State House|
|Per diem||$122/day outside Boise, $49/day otherwise|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Idaho, 1970|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||1971-1972|
|Birthday||February 25, 1948|
|Place of birth||Council, ID|
Denney earned his Bachelor's degree from the University of Idaho in 1970.
In addition to being a legislator, Denney is also a farmer.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Denney served on the following committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Resources and Conservation, Chair|
|• Revenue and Taxation|
|• Transportation and Defense|
Denney won re-election in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives District 9A. He was unopposed in the Republican primary and defeated Steve Worthley (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012. 
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 9A, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Lawerence Denney Incumbent||70.9%||12,234|
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 9A (2010)|
|Lawerence Denney (R)||8,736||76.7%|
|Lynn Webster (D)||2,660||23.3%|
On November 4, 2008, Republican Lawerence Denney won re-election to the Idaho House of Representatives District 9A receiving 71.9% of the vote (10,968 votes), ahead of Democrat Frederick Hallberg who received 28.1% of the vote (4,286 votes).
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 9A (2008)|
|Lawerence Denney (R)||10,968||54.4%|
|Frederick Hallberg (D)||4,286||28.1%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, a year in which Denney was up for re-election, he collected $45,850 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Idaho House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Lawerence Denney's campaign in 2010|
|Idaho Farm Bureau||$2,000|
|Jr Simplot Co||$1,800|
|Idaho Soft Drink Association||$1,600|
|Total Raised in 2010||$45,850|
In 2008, Denney raised $50,400.
Listed below are those who contributed the most to his campaign. 
|Idaho Association of Realtors||$2,000|
|Idaho Farm Bureau||$2,000|
|Blue Cross of Idaho||$2,000|
|Idaho Republican Party||$2,000|
|Employers Insurance Co. of Nevada||$1,750|
|Agriculture & Natural Resources Industry||$1,500|
|Idaho Power Co.||$1,000|
|Idaho Soft Drink Association||$1,000|
|Idaho Sand & Gravel||$1,000|
Denney represents House Seat A in Idaho House District 9. District 9 includes all of Adams, Payette, and Washington Counties.
Denney and his wife Donna have four children and reside in Midvale, Idaho.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Lawerence + Denney + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Lawerence Denney's personal website
- Idaho House of Representatives - Lawerence Denney
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 1998
- Lawerence Denney on Facebook
- Idaho Secretary of State, "2012 primary election results," May 15, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, “November 6, 2012 General Election Results,” accessed December 27, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State - 2010 General election results
- Idaho House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- 2010 campaign contributions
- 2008 contributors to Lawerence Denney
- "Idaho Legislature" 2009 Legislative Directory, July 22, 2009(See page 2)
|Idaho House of Representatives District 9A
| Succeeded by|