|Maine Senate District 7|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
April 15, 2011
|Profession||Career Services Advisor|
Bliss graduated with his Associate's Degree from Los Angeles Valley College in 1964. Bliss later graduated from University of California-Riverside with his Bachelor's degree in 1968 and his Master's degree in 1971. Bliss earned two doctoral degrees from the University of California-Berkeley.
Bliss is a also a career services adviser for Southern Maine University in addition to being a Senator.
Bliss served on these committees:
Bliss represented Maine Senate District 7. District 7 includes a portion of Cumberland County.
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2010
After a recount, Bliss won re-election to the 7th District Seat in 2010. He had no primary opposition. Joseph Palmieri ran for the seat on the Republican ticket. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Maine State Senate, District 7|
|Lawrence Bliss (D)||9,172|
|Joseph Palmieri (R)||9,097|
Bliss raised $33,544 for his campaign.
|Maine State Senate, District 6|
|Lawrence Bliss (D)||13,584|
|Thomas Dunne (R)||8,300|
In 2008 Lawrence Bliss collected $33,544 in donations. 
His largest contributors in 2008 were:
Lawrence is married to his partner Nolan McCoy. They have three children and reside in South Portland, Maine.
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- Senator Bliss' LinkedIn
- State Surge profile - legislative and voting track record
- Boston Herald, Maine State Senator to step down to take job out-of-state, 17 March, 2011
- "Maine Senate" Senator Listing by County
- Maine Official Recount Results
- Maine State Senate official election results for 2008
- Follow the Money's report on Bliss's 2008 campaign contributions
- 2008 contributors to Lawrence Bliss
|Maine Senate District 7
2008–April 15, 2011
| Succeeded by|