Difference between revisions of "Lawrence Klemin"
m (Text replace - "''Project Smart Vote'', "Rep." to "''Project Smart Vote'', "Biography of Rep.")
|Line 219:||Line 219:|
Revision as of 00:35, 11 June 2014
|North Dakota House of Representatives District 47|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||16|
|Per diem||Up to $1,569/month for lodging|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of North Dakota, 1967|
|J.D.||University of North Dakota School of Law, 1978|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
Klemin earned his B.A. in English from the University of North Dakota and his J.D. from the University of North Dakota School of Law. His professional experience includes working as a lawyer with Bucklin, Klemin & McBride, PC. He served with the 101st Airborne Division of the United States Army during the Vietnam War.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Klemin served on the following committees:
|North Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Political Subdivisions|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Klemin served on the following committees:
|North Dakota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Political Subdivisions|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Klemin served on the following committee:
|North Dakota Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Political Subdivisions|
Elections for the office of North Dakota House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 10, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 7, 2014. Incumbent Lawrence Klemin and incumbent George Keiser were unopposed in the Republican primary and are unchallenged in the general election.
Klemin won re-election to one of two seats in District 47 of the North Dakota House of Representatives. Klemin and fellow incumbent George Keiser (R) defeated Robert Lengenfelder (I) in the general election.
|North Dakota State House, District 47|
|George Keiser (R)||6,294|
|Lawrence Klemin (R)||5,634|
|Robert Lengenfelder (I)||1,978|
|North Dakota House of Representatives, District 47|
|Lawrence Klemin (R)||4,676|
|George Keiser (R)||5,024|
|Paul R Wilkins II (D-NPL)||2,154|
|Kameran Ali (D-NPL)||1,969|
In 2010, Klemin received $2,600 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|North Dakota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Lawrence Klemin's campaign in 2010|
|Lignite Energy Council||$1,000|
|North Dakota Long Term Care Association||$300|
|Total Raised in 2010||$2,600|
In 2006, Klemin collected $2,500 in donations.
These were the largest contributors in 2006.
|NORTH DAKOTA LIGNITE COUNCIL||$500|
|NORTH DAKOTA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS||$350|
NDPC: North Dakota Legislative Review
The North Dakota Policy Council, a North Dakota-based nonprofit research organization which describes itself as "liberty-based", published the North Dakota Legislative Review, a comprehensive report on how state legislators voted during the 2011 legislative session. The scorecard seeks to show how North Dakota legislators voted on the principles the Council seeks to promote. The Council recorded and scored votes on both spending bills and policy bills, and awarded points accordingly. Policy issues voted upon included income tax cuts, pension reform, and government transparency. On spending legislation, the Council accorded a percentage score based on how much spending the legislator voted against. On policy legislation, scores range from the highest score (100%) to the lowest (0%). A higher score indicates that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Council. Klemin received a score of 40% on policy legislation and voted against 2.38% of state spending. Klemin was ranked 59th on policy and 79th on spending, out of 94 House members evaluated for the study.
Klemin and his wife, Rita, have two children. They currently reside in Bismarck, North Dakota.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Lawrence + Klemin + North + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Dakota House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Dakota Legislative Assembly
- North Dakota state legislative districts
- Profile from the North Dakota House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Rep. Klemin State Surge sponsored bills
- Project Smart Vote, "Biography of Rep. Klemin," accessed May 23, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election Contest/Candidate List," accessed April 9, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "Official Results Primary Election - June 10, 2014," accessed July 8, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2010 Primary Election results," accessed May 13, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2010 General Election results," accessed May 13, 2014
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2006 General Election Results," accessed May 22, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2006 Campaign contributions," accessed May 13, 2014
- North Dakota Policy Council, "The North Dakota Legislative Review - 2011," accessed January 20, 2014
- North Dakota Policy Council "2011 North Dakota Legislative Review Rankings," accessed January 26, 2014
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |