New York State Senate District 5
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2010
Silverman was uncontested in the September 14 Democratic primary. Silverman was defeated by incumbent Carl Marcellino (R) in the general election on November 2. Silverman ran as a member of the Democratic and Working Families Party.
Larry Silverman on "Changing Albany"
Silverman campaign website lists his legislative goals: "Larry is running for State Senate as a reformer, to use the same skills he used as a fighter for transit reforms to fight for reform in Albany. We can count on Larry to stand up and speak out on the need for campaign and ethics reform, for non-partisan redistricting and hold to State agencies accountable for the neglect and mismanagement that wastes our tax dollars."
"Larry Silverman...is a graduate of Stuyvesant High School, State University of New York at New Paltz and New York Law School, where he was an editor of the Law Review, President of the Student Government, President of the Alumni Association and a member of the Board of Trustees." 
- Trial Attorney
- Member, Long Island Rail Road Commuters Council, 1994
- Chairman, Long Island Rail Road Commuters Council, 1995
- Commuter Watchdog, MTA Board
65 Salem Ridge Drive
Huntington, NY 11743
- Official Campaign Site
- Official campaign facebook page
- Official campaign YouTube page
- Official Project Vote Smart Biography
- Newsday Candidate profile and recent coverage
- Imagine Election