Lawton School District Non Residential Property Tax Renewal (August 2012)
This measure was approved
- YES 3
- NO 0
- YES 587
- NO 260
This measure sought to renew the current non residential property tax which is set at a rate of 18 mills in order to continue to pay for operational costs in the district.
|Lawton School District Proper Tax Renewal|
Text of measure
The language on the ballot was:
|“||This proposal will allow the school district to continue to levy the statutory rate of 18 mills on all property except principal residence and other property exempted by law, required for the school district to receive its per pupil foundation allowance. Shall the limitation on the amount of taxes which may be assessed against all property, except principal residence and other property exempted by law, in Lawton Community Schools, Van Buren and Kalamazoo Counties, Michigan, be increased by 18 mills ($18.00 on each $1,000 of taxable valuation) for a period of 3 years, 2012, 2013 and 2014, to provide funds for operating purposes; the estimate of the revenue the school district will collect if the millage is approved and levied in 2012 is approximately $1,030,000 (this is a renewal of millage which expired with the 2011 tax levy)?||”|
- Kalamazoo County Elections, Current Election Results
- Van Buren County Elections, Current Election Results
- Kalamazoo News, "Not many ballot proposals so far in Kalamazoo County for August 7 election," May 30, 2012
- Kalamazoo Election Returns
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.