|New Jersey State Senate District 27|
|Bachelor's||Montclair State University, 1997|
|J.D.||Syracuse University School of Law, 2001|
|Place of birth||Livingston, New Jersey|
Holtzman received a B.A. from Montclair State University in 1997 and his J.D. from Syracuse University School of Law in 2001. He graduated 'Cum Laude from Montclair and while at Syracuse he made the Dean's List and graduated as class president.
Holtzman served as a clerk for Honorable Roger M. Hahn in the Tax Court of New Jersey as well as a fellow with the Litigation Counsel of America. Holtzman is a lawyer with McCarter & English focusing on tax litigation. He has represented owners of industrial facilities, assisted living facilities, hotels, commercial properties, self storage facilities, apartment complexes, office buildings, golf courses and residential developments. Holtzman was recognized as a New Jersey Rising Star by the New Jersey Super Lawyers Magazine for 2008-2011 and 2013.
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2013
Holtzman ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey State Senate District 27. Holtzman was unopposed in the June 4 Republican primary and is challenged by incumbent Richard J. Codey (D) in the general election which takes place on November 5, 2013. 
Holtzman ran in the 2011 election for New Jersey State Senate District 27. Holtzman and Nicole Hagner ran unopposed in the June 7 Republican Primary. Holtzman and Hagner were defeated by incumbents Mila Jasey (D) and John McKeon (D) in the general election which took place on November 8, 2011. 
2011Holtzman lost the election for the New Jersey General Assembly in 2011. During that election cycle, Holtzman raised a total of $26,627.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Lee Holtzman's campaign in 2011|
|Assembly Republican Victory||$4,500|
|Goldberg, Howard B||$4,400|
|Del Guercio, Ernest||$4,400|
|Election Fund of Kevin O'Toole||$4,250|
|Friedman, Robert E||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$26,627|
|Source:Follow the Money|
District 27 ranked third in fundraising
As of October 25, 2011, candidates for District 27 raised $2,596,811 -- according to the New Jersey Election Law Enforcement Commission. This made District 27 number three in fundraising for the 2011 election season. Candidates for the district spent $1,478,438 of their campaign funds.
Holtzman and his wife have two children. They currently reside in Livingston, New Jersey.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Lee + Holtzman + New + Jersey + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vote New Jersey, Lee Holtzman
- McCarter & English, Lee S. Holtzman
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates
- Social media:
- Summary, biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions at Follow The Money
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2013 Primary Candidates", Accessed April 15, 2013
- vote-nj.org, "Biographical Profile for Lee S. Holtzman", Accessed July 9, 2013
- McCarter & English, "McCarter & English Expands its Tax & Benefits Practice with the Addition of Lee Holtzman," Accessed May 15, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official Primary Election Results," Accessed July 26, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Unofficial general election candidates," Accessed August 5, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List
- New Jersey ELEC, "News Release," November 3, 2011