|| The information about this individual is current as of when his or her last campaign ended. See anything that needs updating? Send a correction to our editors
Lee Rogers was a 2012 Democratic candidate who sought election to the U.S. House representing the 25th Congressional District of California. He lost in the general election.
Rogers's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Grow the Economy, Shrink the Deficit
- Excerpt: "Irresponsible spending by politicians has created our fiscal crisis. Congressional inaction and grandstanding creates uncertainty that makes markets cautious. Investors don’t trust that Washington will be able to resolve our fiscal crisis in a manner that will prevent a worsening recession."
- Excerpt: "Reducing the deficit is important, but it shouldn’t be done at the expense of growth in America. In order to grow, we need to invest in our own country’s infrastructure. The World Economic Forum ranked US infrastructure at 24th out of 142 nations, a downgrade from 10th five years ago."
- Save Medicare from Destruction
- Excerpt: "Medicare was started in 1965 because seniors were not able to obtain affordable coverage in the private market. Seniors, and the disabled who qualify for Medicare, are generally sicker and higher risk than the younger population who are able to obtain insurance coverage through employers. Insurance companies, which typically use risk to calculate premiums, had priced seniors out of the market."
- Excerpt: "As a doctor, I help my patients navigate through our complex health system to get the best care possible. But in most cases, patients encounter difficulty from lack of understanding or find certain health products and services unavailable or uncovered."
- End the Wars, Bring Our Troops Home
- Excerpt: "As Americans, we enjoy a strong and secure nation. Our men and women in uniform are charged with protecting us and do so in difficult and dangerous conditions."
- See also: California's 25th congressional district elections, 2012
Rogers ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing California's 25th District. He and incumbent Howard McKeon (R) advanced past the June 5, 2012, blanket primary, defeating Dante Acosta (R) and Cathie Wright (R). They faced off in the November 6, 2012, general election and McKeon won.
Breakdown of the source of Rogers's campaign funds before the 2012 election.
Rogers did not win election to the U.S. House in 2012. During that election cycle, Rogers's campaign committee raised a total of $374,127 and spent $360,091.
|U.S. House, California District 25, 2012 - Lee Rogers Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner
|Total Spent by Election Winner
|Top contributors to Lee Rogers's campaign committee|
|American Podiatric Medical Assn||$10,000
|David L Gould Co||$5,250|
|Country Villa Woodman Hcc||$5,000|
|Floor To Ceiling Design||$5,000
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Building Trade Unions||$7,500|
Rogers and his wife, Susan, have one child.