Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia House of Delegates District 65|
|January 16, 1998 - Present|
|Years in position||17|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 3, 2009|
|Next general||November 8, 2011|
|Date of birth||08/20/1952|
|Place of birth||Fitchburg, MA|
Prior to joining the House, Ware served as Chair for Board of Supervisors of Powhatan County (1988-1996), Chair of the Powhatan County Social Services Board (1992-1996), and the Virginia State Board of Education (1995-1997).
Ware earned his B.A. from Wheaton College in 1974 and his M.A. from Harvard College.
- Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources Committee (Vice Chair)
- Natural Resources Subcommittee (Chair)
- Chesapeake Subcommittee
- Studies Subcommittee
- Subcommittee #2
- Subcommittee #3
- Commerce and Labor
- Subcommittee #1 (Chair)
- Special Subcommittee on Energy
- HB 1974 Crash prevention courses; reduction in rates for certain persons attending.
- HB 1975 Green roofs; authorizes counties, cities, and towns, by ordinance, to grant incentives, etc.
- HB 1977 Health insurance; mandated coverage for prosthetic devices and components.
Ware is running for re-election to the District 65 seat of the Virginia House of Delegates. He was uncontested in the August 23 primary and will be unopposed in the November 8 general election.
In 2009, Ware was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 65 (2009)|
|Lee Ware (R)||'|
|Gary Reinhardt (I)||8,682|
The top 5 donors to Ware's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Dental Association||$4,000|
|Medical Society of Virginia||$3,500|
|Virginia Bankers Association||$3,000|
Ware and his wife, Kathleen, have four children.
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Ware
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001 ,1999
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- State Surge - legislative and voting track record
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
|Virginia House of Delegates District 65
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |