|Virginia House of Delegates District 65|
|January 16, 1998 - Present|
|January 8, 2014|
|Years in position||15|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next election||November 5, 2013|
|Place of birth||Fitchburg, MA|
Prior to joining the House, Ware served as Chair for Board of Supervisors of Powhatan County (1988-1996), Chair of the Powhatan County Social Services Board (1992-1996), and the Virginia State Board of Education (1995-1997).
Ware earned his B.A. from Wheaton College in 1974 and his M.A. from Harvard College.
In the 2012-2013 session, Ware has been appointed to the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 session, Ware served on the following committees:
- Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources Committee, Vice Chair
- Natural Resources Subcommittee, Chair
- Chesapeake Subcommittee
- Studies Subcommittee
- Subcommittee #2
- Subcommittee #3
- Commerce and Labor
- Subcommittee #1, Chair
- Special Subcommittee on Energy
- HB 1974 Crash prevention courses; reduction in rates for certain persons attending.
- HB 1975 Green roofs; authorizes counties, cities, and towns, by ordinance, to grant incentives, etc.
- HB 1977 Health insurance; mandated coverage for prosthetic devices and components.
In 2009, Ware was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 65 (2009)|
|Lee Ware (R)||21,187|
|Gary Reinhardt (I)||8,682|
In 2011, Ware received $143,643 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia House of Delegates 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Lee Ware's campaign in 2011|
|Virginia Hospital Ass PAC||$5,500|
|Virginia Dental Association||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$143,643|
The top 5 donors to Ware's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Dental Association||$4,000|
|Medical Society of Virginia||$3,500|
|Virginia Bankers Association||$3,000|
Ware and his wife, Kathleen, have four children.
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Ware
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001 ,1999
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- State Surge - legislative and voting track record
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Delegate Ware
- ↑ Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- ↑ Virginia State Board of Elections - November 2011 General Election Official Results
- ↑ Virginia House of Delegates 2009 General Election Results
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign Contributions
|Virginia House of Delegates District 65
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |