|Virginia House of Delegates District 65|
|January 16, 1998 - Present|
|January 8, 2014|
|Years in position||16|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 5, 2013|
|Place of birth||Fitchburg, MA|
Prior to joining the House, Ware served as Chair for Board of Supervisors of Powhatan County (1988-1996), Chair of the Powhatan County Social Services Board (1992-1996), and the Virginia State Board of Education (1995-1997).
Ware earned his B.A. from Wheaton College in 1974 and his M.A. from Harvard College.
In the 2012-2013 session, Ware served on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 session, Ware served on the following committees:
- Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources Committee, Vice Chair
- Natural Resources Subcommittee, Chair
- Chesapeake Subcommittee
- Studies Subcommittee
- Subcommittee #2
- Subcommittee #3
- Commerce and Labor
- Subcommittee #1, Chair
- Special Subcommittee on Energy
- HB 1974 Crash prevention courses; reduction in rates for certain persons attending.
- HB 1975 Green roofs; authorizes counties, cities, and towns, by ordinance, to grant incentives, etc.
- HB 1977 Health insurance; mandated coverage for prosthetic devices and components.
Ware is running for election in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 65. Ware ran unopposed in the June 11th Republican Primary. The general election takes place on November 5, 2013.
In 2009, Ware was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 65 (2009)|
|Lee Ware (R)||21,187|
|Gary Reinhardt (I)||8,682|
In 2011, Ware received $143,643 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia House of Delegates 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Lee Ware's campaign in 2011|
|Virginia Hospital Ass PAC||$5,500|
|Virginia Dental Association||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$143,643|
The top 5 donors to Ware's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Dental Association||$4,000|
|Medical Society of Virginia||$3,500|
|Virginia Bankers Association||$3,000|
Ware and his wife, Kathleen, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Lee + Ware + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Ware
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001 ,1999
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- State Surge - legislative and voting track record
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate Ware
- Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- Virginia State Board of Elections - November 2011 General Election Official Results
- Virginia House of Delegates 2009 General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign Contributions
|Virginia House of Delegates District 65
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |