|Virginia House of Delegates District 65|
|January 16, 1998 - Present|
|January 13, 2016|
|Years in position||16|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Place of birth||Fitchburg, MA|
Ware earned his B.A. from Wheaton College in 1974 and his M.A. from Harvard College.
Prior to joining the House, Ware served as Chair for Board of Supervisors of Powhatan County (1988-1996), Chair of the Powhatan County Social Services Board (1992-1996), and the Virginia State Board of Education (1995-1997).
In the 2012-2013 session, Ware served on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 session, Ware served on the following committees:
- Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources Committee, Vice Chair
- Natural Resources Subcommittee, Chair
- Chesapeake Subcommittee
- Studies Subcommittee
- Subcommittee #2
- Subcommittee #3
- Commerce and Labor
- Subcommittee #1, Chair
- Special Subcommittee on Energy
- HB 1974 Crash prevention courses; reduction in rates for certain persons attending.
- HB 1975 Green roofs; authorizes counties, cities, and towns, by ordinance, to grant incentives, etc.
- HB 1977 Health insurance; mandated coverage for prosthetic devices and components.
Ware’s website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Improving Education
Excerpt: "Lee Ware has helped engineer a 123% increase in state funds for Chesterfield Schools during his decade as our Delegate. For Powhatan Schools the increase has been 175%. Attracting and retaining the best-qualified teachers, and ensuring that our children are given every opportunity to experience—and to excel—in the adventure of learning, are among his legislative priorities."
- Good Growth and Transportation
Excerpt: "Virginia’s transportation issues are a growth issue and Delegate Lee Ware believes we need a state-wide transportation reform plan that addresses both road construction as well as development and growth. Delegate Ware also supports additional rail improvements that help take cars off our roads and enable families to spend more time with one another - not stuck in traffic."
- Taxes and Spending
Excerpt: "Like you, Lee expects government to use fiscal restraint when spending our hard-earned tax dollars, and he believes that providing tax incentives to businesses - not more governmental spending - is the key to spurring economic recovery."
Ware won re-election in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 65. Ware ran unopposed in the June 11th Republican Primary. He defeated William E. Quarles (D) in the general election on November 5, 2013.
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 65 General Election, 2013|
|Republican||Lee Ware Incumbent||67.6%||19,839|
|Democratic||William E. Quarles||32.1%||9,431|
In 2009, Ware was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 65 (2009)|
|Lee Ware (R)||21,187|
|Gary Reinhardt (I)||8,682|
In 2011, Ware received $143,643 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia House of Delegates 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Lee Ware's campaign in 2011|
|Virginia Hospital Ass PAC||$5,500|
|Virginia Dental Association||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$143,643|
Lee Ware on Cable Reports, January 27, 2012
The top five donors to Ware's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Dental Association||$4,000|
|Medical Society of Virginia||$3,500|
|Virginia Bankers Association||$3,000|
Ware and his wife, Kathleen, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Lee + Ware + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Ware
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001 ,1999
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- State Surge - legislative and voting track record
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Ware's page on county community website
- Wikipedia profile
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate Ware
- Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- Lee Ware, "On the Issues," accessed September 6, 2013
- Virginia Board of Elections, “Official Results - 2013 General Election," accessed December 2, 2013
- Virginia State Board of Elections - November 2011 General Election Official Results
- Virginia House of Delegates 2009 General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign Contributions
|Virginia House of Delegates District 65
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |