Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|South Carolina State Senate District 36|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||June 10, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Bradwell Institute of Hinesville, Georgia|
|Ph.D.||Overcoming Outreach School of Religion in Columbia, South Carolina|
|Service/branch||US Air Force Reserves|
|Place of birth||Midway, Georgia|
Leon Winn was a 2014 Republican candidate seeking election to the U.S. House to represent the 6th Congressional District of South Carolina. He was a 2012 Republican candidate for District 36 of the South Carolina State Senate.
Winn lists the following campaign themes on his website:
- International trade
- Gun control
Winn ran in the 2012 election for South Carolina State Senate District 36. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 12. Incumbent John Land (D) is not running for re-election. Winn was defeated by Kevin L. Johnson (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012. 
Winn is married to Christine. He has three children and three grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Leon + Winn + South Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website, "Home", accessed December 2, 2013
- Campaign website, "Issues", accessed January 28, 2014
- AP.org "South Carolina State Senate and State House Election Results" Accessed November 7, 2012
- South Carolina State Election Commission, Official Primary Results
- South Carolina State Election Commission "2012 Candidates," Accessed April 26, 2012
- SC Votes "Primary Results" June 12, 2012
- Campaign website, "About Winn-Personal", accessed December 2, 2013