For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 16|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
A former police officer/police aide, Young is a member of a number of organizations, including 100 Black Men, Urban Emphasis Committee, Boy Scouts of America, Harambee Ombudsman Project, Revitalization Committee, Martin Luther King Community Center, and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
- Housing Committee (Chair)
- Education Reform Committee
- Speaker's Taskforce on Preventing Home Foreclosures Committee (Chair)
- State Affairs and Homeland Security Committee
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
Young was re-elected to Wisconsin State Assembly District 16. He was unopposed in the general election on November 2, 2010. Young defeated Democrat James Dieter in the September 14, 2010 primary election. 
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 16 Democratic primary (2010)|
|Leon Young (D)||1,767||69.68%|
|James Dieter (D)||753||29.69%|
On November 4, 2008, Young won reelection to Assembly District 16, receiving 98.81% of the vote.
|Wisconsin Assembly District 16|
|Leon Young (D)||19,200|
Legislation sponsored in 2009 includes:
- AB-99 Educational materials and supplies paid for by eligible educator: individual income tax deduction up to set amount created; federal law re deduction for certain expenses of elementary and secondary school teachers adopted;
- AB-248 Alcohol licensed premises in a public park within a 1st class city: customers permitted to bring in and consume beer and intoxicating liquor purchased elsewhere
- AB-249 Election and voting law changes re deceptive election practices and voter intimidation, suppression, and protection; voter's bill of rights, GAB duties, report, and penalty provisions;
For a full listing of sponsored legislation and details see the House site.
The top 5 donors to Young's 2008 campaign:
|Tavern League of Wisconsin||$750|
|Young, Leon D||$745|
|WI AFSCME Councils 40 & 48||$500|
|Steamfitters Local 601||$500|
- Wisconsin Assembly - Representative Leon Young
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 1998
- Wisconsin Democracy Campaign
- Freedom Speaks profile
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 16
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |