|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Second Essex District|
|January 5, 2013 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Date of birth||02/23/1964|
|Place of birth||Woburn, Massachusetts|
Mirra's professional experience includes owning a small business that specializes in advertising and publicity campaigns.
Mirra's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Restore Trust in our Government
- Excerpt:"Eliminate the ‘double dipping’ culture and restrict the unchecked accumulation of sick and vacation day payouts."
Strengthen our Economy
- Excerpt:"We need to change current business regulations to reduce red tape and simplify the process of doing business in our Commonwealth."
Taxes and Waste
- Excerpt:"We need to focus on reducing wasteful spending and eliminate the squandering of our financial resources."
- Excerpt:"We have a responsibility to provide the very best education to each and every child in our Commonwealth. Education is the foundation of the future success of each child and assures the continued growth and prosperity of our state."
- Excerpt:"Our Commonwealth needs to be fully compliant with the Secure Communities program which would allow Massachusetts Law Enforcement to use simple fingerprinting to identify and report dangerous illegal alien criminals to the appropriate Federal Agency."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Mirra served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Community Development and Small Business Joint|
|• Health Care Financing Joint|
|• Telecommunication, Utilities and Energy Joint|
Mirra won election in the 2012 election for Massachusetts House of Representatives Second Essex District. He defeated Gary Fowler and Robert Cronin in the September 6 Republican primary and defeated Barry Fogel (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Second Essex District, General Election, 2012|
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Second Essex District Republican Primary, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Mirra has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Leonard + Mirra + Massachusetts + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Leonard Mirra on Facebook
- Leonard Mirra on Twitter
Harriett Stanley (D)
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Essex 2
| Succeeded by|
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |
Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court | Appeals Court | Superior Courts | District Courts | Probate and Family Courts | Juvenile Courts | Housing Courts | Land Courts | Boston Municipal Courts | Judicial selection in Massachusetts |