|Kansas State Senate District 27|
|March 10, 1997 - present|
|January 14, 2013|
|Years in position||16|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2008|
|First elected||March 10, 1997|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|Kansas House of Representatives|
|1992 - 1997|
|High school||Southside High School|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Donovan has been appointed to these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Donovan served on these committees:
Les Donovan does not have a website where he posts his issue positions.
Legislation sponsored or co-sponsored by Sen. Donovan includes:
- An amendment to have supreme court justices' appointments subject to consent of the senate.
- A resolution to create a budget stabilization fund
- A bill regarding campaign finance reform
On November 4, 2008, Donovan was re-elected to the 27th District Seat in the Kanas State Senate, defeating Melissa J. Flower (D). Donovan raised $58,488 for his campaign, while Flower raised $2,505.
|Kansas State Senate, District 27 (2008)|
|Leslie Donovan (R)||21,015||66.4%|
|Melissa J. Flower (D)||10,610||33.5%|
In 2008 Donovan collected $58,488 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Kansas Republican Senatorial Committee||$6,800|
|Kansas Contractors Association||$2,000|
|Kansas Association of Realtors||$1,750|
Kansas Economic Freedom Index
The Kansas Economic Freedom Index is a project of Bob Weeks, creator of the blog Voice For Liberty in Wichita. The purpose of the Index "is to identify Kansas legislators who vote in favor of economic freedom — and those who don’t." Legislators receive a rating from 0-100 percent based on their votes on bills promoting economic freedom.
Leslie Donovan received a rating of 73% on the 2010 Kansas Economic Freedom Index.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Leslie + Donovan + Kansas + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Kansas State Senate Website
- Project Vote Smart Bio
- Project Vote Smart Legislative Profile
- Freedom Speaks Profile
- Campaign Contributions: 1998, 2000, 2004, 2006, 2008
- ↑ Legislation
- ↑ SB 1612
- ↑ SB 1614
- ↑ SB 196, State Surge
- ↑ 2008 Kansas Election Results
- ↑ Kansas State Senate, 2008 Money Raised
- ↑ Leslie Donovan 2008 campaign contributions
- ↑ Kansas Economic Freedom Index, "Homepage," accessed January 13, 2012
- ↑ Kansas Economic Freedom Index, "2010 Kansas Economic Freedom Index," May 18, 2010
|Kansas Senate District 27
| Succeeded by|