For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Maine House of Representatives District 53|
|2008 - 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||Lake Forest College|
|Date of birth||10/16/1946|
|Place of birth||New York, NY|
Fossel worked for Mid Coast Hospital from 2007-2008, was a faculty member of the University of Southern Maine from 2000-2008, and a Contractor/Owner of Restoration Resources from 1975-2008.
Before his election to the House, Fossel was Chair of the Lincoln County Republicans from 2005-2007, was a Selectman for the Town of Alma from 2003-2007, and served on the Alma School Board from 1997-2003.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Fossel served on the following committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Fossel served on the following committees:
- See also: Maine State Senate elections, 2012
Fossel did not run for re-election to the state house. Instead, he ran for election to District 20 of the State Senate. He ran and won against Stuart Smith in the Republican primary on June 12, 2012, and was defeated by incumbent Christopher Johnson (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Maine State Senate, District 20, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Chris Johnson Incumbent||50.4%||10,943|
|Maine State Senate, District 20 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Maine House of Representatives General Election, District 53 (2010)|
|Leslie Fossel (R)||2,849||66%|
|Leola Roberts (D)||1,287||30% |
Leslie Fossel raised $5,157 for his campaign.
|Maine House of Representatives, District 53|
|Leslie Fossel (R)||2,702|
|Timothy Nason (D)||2,152|
In 2010, Fossel received $5,556 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below:
|Maine House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Leslie Fossel's campaign in 2010|
|Total Raised in 2010||$5,556|
In 2008 Leslie Fossel collected $5,157 in donations. 
His largest contributor in 2008 was:
Fossel and his wife Meredith have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Leslie+ Fossel + Maine + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Maine House of Representatives - Rep. Leslie Fossel
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2004, 2002
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Fossel
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Additional Maine Elected Officials and Leaders," February 6, 2012
- Maine Secretary of State "Primary Candidate List," June 12, 2012
- The Portland Press Herald general election results
- Official Maine Election Results, 2010
- Maine House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- Follow the Money's report on Fossel's 2008 campaign contributions
- Follow the Money - 2010 Contributions
- 2008 contributors to Leslie Fossel
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
|Maine House of Representatives District 53
| Succeeded by|
Timothy Marks (D)
State of Maine
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |