Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia Senate District 30|
|Bachelor's||Mount Holyoke College, 1973|
Garvey earned her BA in Politics with a minor in Economics from Mount Holyoke College in 1973.
- See also: Virginia State Senate elections, 2011
|Virginia State Senate Democratic Primary, 2011|
Garvey's website lists the following issues:
- The Economy
- Excerpt: "Northern Virginia is the economic engine of our Commonwealth, but there are so many ways we can make it stronger. Creating a strong economy does not just have to mean creating a “business friendly” atmosphere through tax breaks and corporate giveaways."
- Excerpt: "Northern Virginia is the economic engine of the state, but to stay that way, fixing transportation must be our #1 priority."
- Excerpt: "As your next senator, education funding in Virginia will always be protected. Investing in our children’s education is the best investment we can make, even in the toughest economy."
- The Environment
- Excerpt: "Virginia should be creating better energy efficiency standards, including retrofitting state buildings with new technology to save energy and more funding for mass transit. "
- Good Government and Civil Rights
- Excerpt: "As your next senator, I will work to make our state government accountable by proposing new reforms that will ensure high ethical standards in our politicians."
Garvey is widowed and has two daughters.