Difference between revisions of "Linda Newell"
|Line 136:||Line 136:|
| Align="Right" | $2,900
| Align="Right" | $2,900
Revision as of 12:58, 10 January 2012
|Colorado State Senate, District 26|
|2009 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||6|
|Base salary||$30,000 per year|
|Per diem||$45/$99 per day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||8 years|
|Bachelor's||University of California, Irvine|
Newell earned her Certificate as a Senior Professional in Human Resources from Registered Organization Development Professionals. She then received her BA from the University of California, Irvine.
Newell is a Business Consultant in Human Resources/Corporate Education/Workforce Development.
Newell's sponsored legislation includes:
- SB 10-191 - Quality Instruction Through Educator Effectiveness 
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Newell has been appointed to these committees:
- Health and Human Services Committee, Colorado State Senate, Vice Chair
- Judiciary Committee, Colorado State Senate
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Newell served on these committees:
- Health and Human Services Committee, Colorado Senate
- Judiciary Committee, Colorado Senate
- Local Government Committee, Colorado Senate
Newell raised $60,609 for her campaign, while Clapp raised $49,692.
|Colorado State Senate, District 26 (2008)|
|Linda Newell (D)||30,408|
|Lauri Clapp (R)||30,215|
|Colorado State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Linda Newell's campaign in 2010|
|Mcdivitt, Michael David||$1,200|
|Colorado Association Of Realtors Small Donor Committee||$1,000|
|American Federation Of State County & Municipal Employees||$1,000|
|Chavez, Nolbert D||$500|
|Romero, Gilbert E||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$22,577|
In 2008, Newell collected $60,609 in donations.
Her three largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Jefferson County Education Association||$4,250|
|Service Employees Local 105||$3,000|
|Littleton Fire Fighters Association Local 2086||$2,900|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Linda + Newell + Colorado + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Newell is single.
- Linda Newell's campaign website
- Official Colorado State Senate website of Senator Linda Newell
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography of Senator Linda Newell
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008
- Linda Newell on Facebook
- Linda Newell on LinkedIn
|Colorado State Senate - District 26
| Succeeded by|