|Colorado State Senate District 26|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
January 12, 2015
Newell earned her Certificate as a Senior Professional in Human Resources from Registered Organization Development Professionals. She then received her BA from the University of California, Irvine.
Newell is a Business Consultant in Human Resources/Corporate Education/Workforce Development.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Newell has been appointed to these committees:
- Health and Human Services Committee, Colorado State Senate, Vice Chair
- Judiciary Committee, Colorado State Senate
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Newell served on these committees:
- Health and Human Services Committee, Colorado Senate
- Judiciary Committee, Colorado Senate
- Local Government Committee, Colorado Senate
Newell's sponsored legislation includes:
- SB 10-191 - Quality Instruction Through Educator Effectiveness 
- See also: Colorado State Senate elections, 2010
Newell's seat was not up for election in 2010.
Newell raised $60,609 for her campaign, while Clapp raised $49,692.
|Colorado State Senate, District 26 (2008)|
|Linda Newell (D)||30,408|
|Lauri Clapp (R)||30,215|
In 2008, Newell collected $60,609 in donations.
Her three largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Jefferson County Education Association||$4,250|
|Service Employees Local 105||$3,000|
|Littleton Fire Fighters Association Local 2086||$2,900|
Newell is single.
- Linda Newell's campaign website
- Official Colorado State Senate website of Senator Linda Newell
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography of Senator Linda Newell
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Linda Newell on Facebook
- Linda Newell on LinkedIn
|Colorado State Senate - District 26
| Succeeded by|