|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 38A|
|2011 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Minnesota State Senate, District 53|
|1993 - 2001|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 52A|
|1989 - 1993|
|Birthday||June 11, 1946|
|Profession||Small Business Owner|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Committee assignments
- 3 Issues
- 4 Elections
- 5 Campaign donors
- 6 Scorecards
- 7 Personal
- 8 Recent news
- 9 External links
- 10 References
Runbeck graduated from Bethel University. Her professional experience includes working as a small business owner and corporate executive.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Runbeck served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Transportation Policy|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Runbeck served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Civil Law|
Runbeck's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Jobs & The Economy
- Excerpt: "To improve the state's economic competitiveness, the focus must be to: overhaul our regulatory environment, reduce business taxes, ensure reliable low-cost energy, enact across-the-board policies rather than choosing favored industries, expedite the commercialization of technology developed at the U of M, refrain from increasing the cost of labor and taxing success."
- Excerpt: "We can't spend our way to prosperity. This maxim is as appropriate for government budgets as it is for family budgets."
- Excerpt: "Linda supports a "jobs-friendly" environment to move Minnesota?s economy forward. She believes tax increases should not be on the table."
- Excerpt: "Linda supported this legislation for referendum equalization aid and debt service equalization aid which was signed by Gov. Carlson."
- Excerpt: "Linda supports market-based health care solutions as the most effective way to stem the rising costs of health care."
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 12, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Pat Davern was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Linda Runbeck was unopposed in the Republican primary.
Runbeck won re-election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 38A. She was unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and defeated Patrick Davern (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 38A, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Linda Runbeck Incumbent||58.1%||12,197|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 53A (2010)|
|Paul Gardner (DFL)||7,851||43.63%|
|Linda Runbeck (R)||10,131||56.31%|
Comprehensive donor information for Runbeck is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Runbeck raised a total of $35,345 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 16, 2013.
|Linda Runbeck's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota State House, District 38A||$33,388|
|2010||Minnesota State House, District 53A||$1,957|
|Grand Total Raised||$35,345|
2012Runbeck won re-election to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Runbeck raised a total of $33,388.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Linda Runbeck's campaign in 2012|
|Minnesota Oncology Hematology||$500|
|Minnesota Association of Realtors||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$33,388|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Runbeck won election to the Minnesota House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Runbeck raised a total of $1,957.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Linda Runbeck's campaign in 2010|
|House Dist. 53A||$500|
|Anderson, George E.||$500|
|Clark, James T.||$100|
|Total Raised in 2010||$1,957|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
Runbeck and her husband, Richard, have one child. Prior to her time in the legislature, she was the president of the Taxpayers League of Minnesota.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Linda + Runbeck + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Minnesota Legislative Reference Library, "Runbeck, Linda." Retrieved July 8, 2013
- "lindarunbeck," Official Campaign Website
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Minnesota Leaders," February 3, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "State Canvassing Board Report," August 19, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 25, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 18, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2010 Election Results," accessed March 9, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Runbeck, Linda." Retrieved July 16, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2011," accessed May 15, 2014
Diane Anderson (R)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 38A
| Succeeded by|
Paul Gardner (DFL)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 53A
| Succeeded by|
Joann Ward (DFL)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |