|Virginia House of Delegates District 77|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
He won re-election unopposed in the 2009 general election.
Spruill participated in an innovative experiment in the 2011 Virginia House that changed the way he does his business in the legislature. At age 64, and after 16 years in the House of Delegates, he was one of 15 House members to be issued a new iPad, rather than a traditional laptop computer. Spruill says that he used to duck out of sessions to get copies of the bills, and just tell his contacts to "give me a ...call on the phone." He is now using email, accessing copies of legislation on his iPad and texting on his phone. The success of the program is evident as Spruill explained: "Man, I love it...This iPad, you just zap-tap it." The goal of the program is to reduce the amount of paper the Delegates have to deal with in session.
Delegate Spruill speaking on redistricting
- Privileges and Elections
- Constitutional Amendments Subcommittee
- Counties, Cities and Towns
- Subcommittee #2
- Health, Welfare and Institutions
- Subcommittee #1
- HB 2110 Early voting; any qualified voter may vote in person from 17-3 days before election, etc.
- HB 2112 Financial literacy education; school board to implement objectives in middle and high schools.
- HB 2113 Absentee voting; persons age 65 and older may vote absentee.
The top 5 donors to Spruill's 2009 campaign:
|Thomas W. Minnick||$15,700|
|Virginia Dental Association||$3,000|
|Virginia Legislative Black Caucus||$2,500|
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Spruill
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001, 1999
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
|Virginia House of Delegates District 77
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |