Lisa Posthumus Lyons
|Michigan House of Representatives District 86|
|January 1. 2011-Present|
|January 1, 2013|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|Bachelor's||Michigan State University|
Lyons was formerly the Director of Public Policy & Community Outreach for the Grand Rapids Association of Realtors.
Lyons graduated from Michigan State University with a Bachelor's Degree in Agricultural and Natural Resources Communications.
Lyons's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Protecting Hardworking Taxpayers
- Excerpt:"I worked on reforms that have made Michigan tax code fair for all hardworking taxpayers."
Reform Michigan’s Business Tax Structure to Attract Jobs
- Excerpt:"I supported the elimination of the job-killing Michigan Business Tax replacing it with a simple and fair tax code."
Increase Access to High Quality, Lifelong Education Opportunity
- Excerpt:"I fought for more opportunities for students to get a better education by reforming teacher tenure, lifting the cap on charter schools to expand educational choices, and creating a statewide anti-bullying policy."
Efficient & Effective Government
- Excerpt:"I worked to pass a structurally balanced budget, paid down long-term debt and put money away in the state's savings account, all four months before it was due, and all without raising taxes."
Protect Life, Protect 2nd Amendment, Protect Freedom
- Excerpt:"I believe life begins at conception & all life is precious. I am a hunter and member of the NRA. I believe government should be limited, transparent, and accountable to its people."
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Lyons has been appointed to these committees:
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 86 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Lisa Lyons Incumbent||80.4%||7,194|
Lyons won the District 86 Seat in 2010. She defeated Kimberly Cummings, John Schwartz and Rob VerHeulen in the August 3 Republican primary. She defeated Frank Hammond (D) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 86 General election (2010)|
|Lisa Lyons (R)||25,943|
|Frank Hammond (D)||10,996|
|Robin VanLoon (L)||909|
In 2010, Lyons raised $70,411 in contributions. 
Her four largest contributors were:
|Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association||$5,000|
|Michigan Association Of Realtors||$5,000|
|Michigan Bankers Association||$3,250|
|Michigan Chamber Of Commerce||$3,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Lisa + Lyons + Michigan + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Tea Party Scorecard
The Independent Tea Party Patriots, a Michigan Tea Party group, grades the votes of this and every other Michigan legislator on “core tea party issues” in a regularly-updated scorecard. 100% is considered an ideal rating.
January 2011 - March 2012
Lisa Lyons received a 75% rating on the January 2011 - March 2012 Tea Party Scorecard.
Lyons and her husband Brad have four children.
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- "lisaformichigan," Official Campaign Website
- Mitt Romney Campaign Website "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Michigan Speaker of The House Jase Bolger and Additional Members of The Michigan Legislature," September 19, 2011
- Michigan Department of State "2012 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," Accessed June 7, 2012
- 2010 contributions
- Michigan Votes, "Tea Party Scorecard Jan 2011-Mar 2012," accessed June 25, 2012