|Montana House of Representatives, District 80|
|2011 - present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Associate's||Central Wyoming College, 1994|
Bangerter earned her A.D. in general studies from Central Wyoming College in 1994. Her professional experience includes working as a train conductor at Last Chance Tours.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Bangerter served on the following committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Local Government, Chair|
|• State Administration|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Bangerter served on the following committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Human Services|
|• Local Government|
Elections for the office of Montana House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 10, 2014; minor party and independent candidates had until June 2, 2014, to file. Moffie Funk was unopposed in the Democratic primary. District 80 incumbent Liz Bangerter was unopposed in the Republican primary. Bangerter faces Funk in the general election. Incumbent Jenny Eck (D) is running in District 82.
Bangerter won re-election in the 2012 election for Montana House of Representatives, District 80. Bangerter ran unopposed in the June 5 primary election and defeated Kelsen Young (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 80, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Liz Bangerter Incumbent||55.5%||2,835|
On November 2, 2010, Bangerter won election to the Montana House of Representatives. Bangerter did not have any opposition in the June 8 primary. She faced Don Judge (D) in the November 2 general election.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 80 General Election (2010)|
|Liz Bangerter (R)||2,141|
|Don Judge (D)||1,700|
Comprehensive donor information for Bangerter is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Bangerter raised a total of $44,739 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 25, 2013.
|Liz Bangerter's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Montana House, District 80||$25,668|
|2010||Montana House, District 80||$19,071|
|Grand Total Raised||$44,739|
2012Bangerter won re-election to the Montana House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Bangerter raised a total of $25,668.
|Montana House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Liz Bangerter's campaign in 2012|
|Lewis & Clark County Republican Central Committee||$440|
|Montana Young Republicans||$200|
|Total Raised in 2012||$25,668|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, a year in which Bangerter was up for re-election, she collected $19,071 in donations.
No contributions to her campaign were over $1,000.
Bangerter and her husband, Carl, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Liz + Bangerter + Montana + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Montana State Legislature
- Montana House of Representatives
- Montana House Committees
- Montana Joint Committees
- Montana state legislative districts
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Montana Leadership Team," March 6, 2012
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Filing List: Legislative," accessed October 29, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Statewide Primary Election Canvass," accessed June 30, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Legislative General Election Canvass," accessed February 13, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Legislative Primary Election Canvass," accessed February 13, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "Legislative Primary Canvass - June 08, 2010," accessed March 12, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2010 Legislative General Election Canvass," accessed March 12, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Bangerter, Liz," accessed September 25, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 campaign contributions," accessed March 8, 2014
Mary Caferro (D)
|Montana House of Representatives District 80
| Succeeded by|
State of Montana
List of Montana ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Director of the Department of Revenue | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Securities and Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources and Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Public Service Commission |