|Candidate for Wisconsin State Assembly District 29
Jones earned a Bachelor of Arts and Master of Arts in Communication, Organizational Leadership and Strategic Management with a graduate certificate in Ethics and Leadership, and legal education from the College of St. Catherine.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
Jones ran in the 2010 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 29. Jones was defeated by Republican incumbent John Murtha in the general election on November 2, 2010. Jones was unopposed in the Democratic primary election on September 14, 2010.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 29 General Election (2010)|
|John Murtha (R)||12,533|
|Liz Jones (D)||7,548|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 29 Democratic primary (2010)|
|Liz Jones (D)||1,196||99.75%|
Jonses' major issues, according to her campaign website, are:
- Healthy Families, Healthy Communities, Healthy Environment - she emphasizes health care coverage and community wellness.
- Strong Schools - Believes teachers and students should be supported.
- Fair Taxes - Believes families should be able to keep what they have worked for and that some families need help.
- Economic growth - Believes in creating jobs, lowering unemployment and finding community based options."
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign website
- List of candidates certified for the November 2, 2010 general election in Wisconsin
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |