|Washington House of Representatives, District 18b|
|January 14, 2013 - present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Battle Ground High School|
|Profession||Political Affairs Director, Building Industry Association of Clark County|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Pike served on the following committees:
|Washington Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Community Development, Housing and Tribal Affairs|
Pike's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Repeal Job Killing Regulations
- Excerpt: "Over the last few years, the Department of Ecology launched an all out assault on business and enterprise in Washington State. It’s time to restore legislative oversight on bureaucrats in Olympia who’s only agenda is to stop growth and hurt small business. To grow jobs, we must change."
- Reform State Government
- Excerpt: "Liz fully supports Rob McKenna’s plan to utilize performance management practices to reform state agencies. Let’s demand every leader in government embrace accountability, high standards, efficiency, cost savings and most of all, customer satisfaction! It’s time to end state monopolies and encourage private sector competition. Liz believes our state workers will rise to the occasion to deliver services efficiently while saving precious taxpayer dollars. As a state, we have to change."
- Prioritize Spending, Protect Our Most Vulnerable
- Excerpt: "State government cannot do it all. We need to focus on what government can do best and then eliminate services the private sector can perform more efficiently. For the last 30 years, the same crowd has been running the show in Olympia. It’s time to send business leaders to our capitol who will usher in free enterprise principals such as innovation, work ethic, cost consciousness and customer satisfaction."
- Reform Public Education
- Excerpt: "Washington State law guarantees every child a quality education, no matter what district they live in. It’s time to obey our state constitution and make school funding a top priority while implementing reform! "
- Reform Costly Health Insurance Mandates
- Excerpt: "Today, a half million citizens in Washington State are without health insurance. In 2014, under Affordable Health Care Act, these patients will be eligible to be on the Medicaid system. This will put tremendous pressure on an already fragile system."
Pike won election in the 2012 election for Washington House of Representatives, District 18b. Pike advanced past the August 7 blanket primary election and defeated David Shehorn (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 18b, General Election, 2012|
|Washington State House of Representatives, District 18b Blanket Primary, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Liz + Pike + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
|Washington House of Representatives District 18
| Succeeded by|
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |