|Governor of South Dakota|
|South Dakota House District 11|
|2011 - 2013|
|Bachelor's||University of South Dakota, 1980|
|Associate's||University of South Dakota School of Nursing, 1982|
|Place of birth||Vermillion, SD|
|Profession||Realtor, RN, Business Owner|
Hubbel is a former Republican member of the South Dakota House of Representatives, representing District 11. Hubbel was elected to the South Dakota House of Representatives in 2010 and served through 2013.
She began her career as a teacher at both the high school and university level. Hubbel later worked as a registered nurse and practicing chiropractor at her own practice before entering the field of real estate. She first worked at The Real Estate Company in Sioux Falls and then accepted a position with ReMax.
Hubbel got her B.S. in Biology Education from the University of South Dakota and her A.D. in Nursing from the University of South Dakota School of Nursing.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hubbel served on the following committees:
- Commerce and Energy Committee, South Dakota House of Representatives
- Transportation Committee, South Dakota House of Representatives
Hubbel ran in the 2012 election for South Dakota State Senate District 9. Hubbel was defeated by Deb Peters in the Republican primary on June 5. Patricia R. Baker ran unopposed in the Democratic primary. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|South Dakota State Senate District 9 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Deb Peters Incumbent||52.7%||405|
Hubbel defeated incumbent Darrell Solberg (D) and Jim Larson (D) in the November 2 general election. Hubbell was elected along with fellow Republican challenger Mark Willadsen.  Hubbel defeated Chris Karr in the June 8 Republican primary, garnering 712 votes. Karr received 670 votes.
|South Dakota State House, District 11 (2010)|
|Lora Hubbel (R)||5,673||29.73%|
|Mark Willadsen (R)||5,548||29.08%|
|Jim Larson (D)||3,461||18.14%|
|Darrell Solberg (D)||4,397||23.05%|
In 2010, Hubbel raised $5,732 in contributions. 
Her two largest contributors were:
Hubbel and her husband Timothy have three children, Michelle, Justin, and Heather.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Lora + Hubbel + South + Governor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official Campaign Website
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- KDLT, "Hubbel Announces Run For Governor," October 17, 2013
- Argus Leader, "Conservative Hubbel prepares challenge to Daugaard," October 16, 2013
- Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," Accessed April 9, 2012
- South Dakota Secretary of State "Official Primary Results," June 12, 2012
- South Dakota House of Representatives Official General Election Results, 2010
- followthemoney.org, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Project Vote Smart: Representative Lora Lyn Hubbel
Darrell Solberg (D), Todd Schlekeway (D)
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 11
| Succeeded by|
State of South Dakota
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Secretary of Education | Director of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |