|New Jersey General Assembly District 6|
|1996 - Present|
|Years in position||18|
|General Assembly Majority Leader|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 5, 2013|
|Bachelor's||Political Science, Moravian College|
|J.D.||Seton Hall University School of Law, 1992|
|Place of birth||Mount Holly, NJ|
Receiving his JD from the Seton Hall University School of Law in 1992, Greenwald has worked as an Attorney with Remington and Vernick Engineers, and of-counsel with Speziali, Greenwald and Hawkins.
- Joint Budget Oversight
- Budget (Chair)
- Assembly Bi-Partisan Leadership Committee
- A359 Requires school board member and local elective office candidates to file financial disclosure statements; requires criminal background disclosure for school officials and school board member candidates.
- A1105 Allows State agencies, counties and municipalities to comply with certain publication requirements by means of Internet
- A2595 The "New Jersey Health Insurance Reform Act."
- A3709 "New Jersey Public Water Supply Fluoridation Act." 
Greenwald's website says that since his election to the Assembly, he "has committed himself to responsibly balancing the state’s finances, ensuring New Jersey remains affordable for families by cutting wasteful spending and investing in our communities." It also states he is a "leader in protecting children" and a "staunch public health advocate."
National Political Awareness Test
Greenwald's answers to the New Jersey State Legislative Election 2005 National Political Awareness Test are available. In the test he lists his top priorities as "Comprehensive property tax reform through a citizen's convention, increased property tax rebates, and accessible, affordable health care for all New Jersey residents."
Greenwald ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 6. Greenwald is bracketed with Pamela Lampitt. He was unopposed in the June 4 Democratic primary. He is challenged by Chris Leone-Zwillinger (R) and Ellyn McMullin (R) in the general election which takes place on November 5, 2013.
Greenwald was considered a potential candidate for Governor of New Jersey in 2013, but he ultimately declined to run, extending his endorsement to presumptive Democratic nominee, state Sen. Barbara Buono in late Jan. of the election year.
Greenwald won re-election in 2011. He and incumbent Pamela Lampitt ran unopposed in the Democratic Primary on June 7. They then defeated Allan Richardson (R) and Greg Horton (R) in the November 8 general election.
Running for re-election in the November 3, 2009 general election, Greenwald received 33,764 votes (29%), defeating challengers Brian Greenberg and Scott DeCristofaro. He was bracketed with Pamela Lampitt.
|New Jersey Assembly General Election, Sixth Legislative District (2009)|
|Louis D. Greenwald (D)||36,446|
|Pamela R. Lampitt (D)||33,320|
|Scot DeCristofaro (R)||27,005|
|Brian Greenberg (R)||26,581|
In 2011, Greenwald received $1,085,571 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Louis Greenwald's campaign in 2011|
|New Jersey Builders Association||$12,900|
|Electrical Workers Local 351||$10,400|
|Blue Cross Blue Shield||$9,950|
|New Jersey Association Of Realtors||$9,200|
|Total Raised in 2011||$1,085,571|
|Total Votes received in 2011||24,272|
|Cost of each vote received||$44.73|
Below are Greenwald's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2009 election:
|New Jersey Regional Council Of Carpenters||$16,400|
|New Jersey Builders Association||$16,400|
|Garden State Pharmacy Owners||$13,200|
|New Jersey Association Of Realtors||$13,200|
|New Jersey Business & Industry Association||$11,200|
Majority Leader Greenwald and his wife, Cynthia Ingraldi Greenwald, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Louis + Greenwald + New Jersey + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Assemblyman Louis Greenwald's personal website
- New Jersey General Assembly - Hon. Louis Greenwald
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2011, 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001, 1999, 1997
- NJ Assembly Democrats - Assm. Greenwald
- NCSL Typepad "New Leaders in Arizona and New Jersey," November 10, 2011
- Project Vote Smart - Assemblyman Greenwald
- New Jersey Legislature - Bills by Sponsor
- LouisGreenwald.com - About Lou
- Project Vote Smart - Assemblyman Greenwald Issue Positions
- Quinnipiac University, "Booker Is Strongest Dem To Face Christie, Quinnipiac University Poll Finds; Voters Say Show Me The Money Before Tax Cut Vote," October 17, 2012
- Arizonacentral.com, "Dems agree on candidate to challenge NJ’s Christie," January 30, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List
- Star Ledger 2009 Election Results, November 4, 2009
- Official New Jersey Assembly General Election Results
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign contributions
|New Jersey General Assembly District 6
| Succeeded by|
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |