Louisiana's 4th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
December 6, 2014
Cook Political Report: Solid R
Sabato's Crystal Ball: Safe R
Louisiana is one of three states to use a blanket primary, or top-two system, which allows all candidates to run and all voters to vote but only moves the top two vote-getters, regardless of party affiliation, to the general election. In Louisiana, the runoff general election on December 6, 2014 is only required if no candidate receives 50 percent or more of the primary vote. If the runoff election is not needed, the race is decided with the one election (acting as both the primary and the general election) on November 4, 2014.
Heading into the election the incumbent is John Fleming (R), who was first elected in 2008.
Louisiana's 4th Congressional District encompasses the western portion of the state. St. Landry, Evangeline, Allen, Beauregard, Vernon, Sabine, Natchitoches, De Soto, Red River, Bienville, Caddo, Bossier, Webster, Cialborne and Union parishes are included in the district.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
|U.S. House, Louisiana District 4 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||John Fleming Incumbent||75.3%||187,894|
|Source: Louisiana Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Louisiana, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 HOUSE RACE RATINGS FOR June 26, 2014," accessed August 7, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 House Races," accessed August 7, 2014
- Fairvote, "FairVote Releases Projections for the 2014 Congressional Elections," accessed August 7, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013 through January 3, 2014 researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- Louisiana Redistricting Map "Map" accessed July 24, 2012
- Louisiana Elections and Voting, "Candidate list," accessed August 27, 2014
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010" Accessed November 17, 2011