For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Louisiana Medicaid Trust Fund, Amendment 1 (2012)
|Medicaid Trust Fund Amendment|
|Referred by:||Louisiana State Legislature|
The measure protected the state medicaid trust fund from budget cuts, according to reports. The measure was sent to the ballot during the 2012 state legislative session as SB 82.
- See also: 2012 ballot measure election results
|Louisiana Amendment 1 (2012)|
Official results via the Louisiana Secretary of State's website.
Text of measure
The official ballot text read as follows:
|“||Do you support an amendment to prohibit monies in the Medicaid Trust Fund for the Elderly from being used or appropriated for other purposes when adjustments are made to eliminate a state deficit?||”|
No formal support was identified.
No formal opposition was identified.
Media editorial positions
- The Advocate said, "As the settlement of the previous dispute between state and local officials over this trust fund makes clear, some pretty stringent safeguards against misuse of this fund are already in place. Amendment No. 1 would further clutter the constitution with unnecessary language."
Path to the ballot
The legislatively-referred constitutional amendment required a two-thirds vote from members of both houses of the Louisiana State Legislature to be placed on the statewide ballot.
- Louisiana Secretary of State, "Ballot measure 1," retrieved August 17, 2012
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Advocate,"Our positions on proposed amendments 1, 2," November 2, 2012