Louisiana Medical Assistance Trust Fund Amendment, HB 533 (2014)
|Medical Assistance Trust Fund Amendment, HB 533|
|Referred by:||Louisiana State Legislature|
|Status:||On the ballot|
The Louisiana Medical Assistance Trust Fund Amendment, HB 533 is on the November 4, 2014 ballot in Louisiana as a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment. The measure, upon voter approval, would create the “Medical Assistance Trust Fund” to protect provider rates for nursing homes, pharmacies and intermediate-care facilities.
Text of measure
The official ballot text reads as follows:
|“||Do you support an amendment to authorize the legislature to create the Louisiana Medical Assistance Trust Fund, for the payment of Medicaid reimbursement to the health care provider groups paying fees into the fund?
(Adds Article VII, Section 10.14)
The measure was introduced into the legislation by Rep. Charles Kleckley (R-36).
- Sen. Ronnie Johns (R-27)
- Sen. Fred Mills, Jr. (R-22)
- Sen. Gregory Tarver (D-39)
- Rep. Charles Kleckley (R-36)
- Rep. Walt Leger III (D-91)
- Louisiana Hospital Association
Path to the ballot
- See also: Amending the Louisiana Constitution
State Representative Charles Kleckley (R-36) introduced a bill to the legislature to alter the constitution and put the measure before voters on March 29, 2013. The bill was approved through a two-thirds vote in both legislative chambers. HB 533 was approved by the Louisiana House of Representatives on June 2, 2013. HB 533 was approved by the Louisiana Senate on May 28, 2013.
May 28, 2013 Senate vote
|Lousiana HB 533 Senate Vote|
June 2, 2013 House vote
|Lousiana HB 533 House Vote|
- Louisiana Legislature, "House Bill No. 533", accessed January 16, 2014
- The Times-Picayune, "Louisiana voters to decide on eight constitutional amendments in 2014", June 12, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Louisiana Hospital Association, "HB 532 and HB 533: Louisiana Hospital Stabilization Formula & Fund and Other Provider Protections", accessed January 16, 2014
- Louisiana Legislature, "Bill Info - HB 533", accessed January 16, 2014
State of Louisiana
Baton Rouge (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Forestry | Secretary of Natural Resources | Executive Director of the Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Service Commission |