Difference between revisions of "Louisiana Public Retirement Bill Filing, Amendment 3 (2012)"
m (Text replace - "," retrieved August" to "," accessed August")
m (Text replace - "m'' "" to "m'', "")
|Line 57:||Line 57:|
* [http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/20121014/OPINION/121012048/-1/rss01?nclick_check=1 ''TheTownTalk.com'' "Our View: Louisiana ballot measures need scrutiny by voters," October 14, 2012]
* [http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/20121014/OPINION/121012048/-1/rss01?nclick_check=1 ''TheTownTalk.com''"Our View: Louisiana ballot measures need scrutiny by voters," October 14, 2012]
Revision as of 07:12, 6 May 2014
|Public Retirement Bill Filing Amendment|
|Referred by:||Louisiana State Legislature|
|Topic:||Administration of gov't|
The measure required more advance filing for bills involving public employee retirement. The measure was sent to the ballot during the 2012 state legislative session as SB 21.
- See also: 2012 ballot measure election results
|Louisiana Amendment 3 (2012)|
Official results via the Louisiana Secretary of State's website.
Text of measure
The official ballot text read as follows:
|“||Do you support an amendment to require legislation effecting any change to laws concerning retirement systems for public employees that is to be prefiled to be filed no later than forty-five days before the start of a regular legislative session and to require the completion of public notice requirements regarding legislation effecting such a change no later than sixty days before introduction of the bill?||”|
No formal support was identified.
No formal opposition was identified.
Media editorial positions
- The Advocate said, "As strong advocates of public transparency, we support this amendment, but with reservations. Ideally, such matters of legislative housekeeping should be taken out of the state constitution entirely, and handled by legislative rules instead."
Path to the ballot
The legislatively-referred constitutional amendment required a two-thirds vote from members of both houses of the Louisiana State Legislature to be placed on the statewide ballot.
- Louisiana Secretary of State, "2012 Proposed Constitutional Amendments," accessed August 17, 2012
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Advocate,"Our Views: Our position on amendments 3, 4 & 5," November 2, 2012