|Colorado State Senate District 34|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
January 12, 2015
Guzman earned her BS in Community Health from Sam Houston State University in Huntsville, Texas, in 1973. She went on to receive her MBS from the University of Houston at Clear Lake City, Texas. She then earned her Master of Divinity from The Iliff School of Theology in 1989.
Guzman has worked for Merritt Memorial united Methodist Church and Berkeley United Methodist Church in Denver, Colorado. From 1999 to 2005, she was the owner of Lucías Casa de Café. She then worked for the Denver Public Schools Board of Education from 1999 to 2007, serving as the board's vice president from 2003 to 2006. Guzman has been employed by the Agency for Human Rights and Community Relations as the City and County of Denver Executive Director since 2003. She is also a pastor at Methodist churches.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Guzman has been appointed to these committees:
- Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Energy Committee, Colorado State Senate
- Finance Committee, Colorado State Senate
- Judiciary Committee, Colorado State Senate, Vice Chair
- See also: Colorado State Senate elections, 2010
Guzman was appointed to the 34th District seat in May 2010. She then won re-election in 2010. She defeated Joel Judd in the primary election. Guzman defeated Derec C. Shuler (R) in the November 2 general election.
|Colorado State Senate, District 34 General election (2010)|
|Lucia Guzman (D)||21,273|
|Derec C. Shuler (R)||6,121|
- Lucia Guzman 4 Colorado - official campaign site
- Colorado State Senate's official page on Lucia Guzman
- Project Vote Smart biography of Lucia Guzman
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile of Lucia Guzman
- Campaign contributions: 2010,
|Colorado State Senate District 34
| Succeeded by|