|New Mexico House of Representatives District 48|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
- Appropriations and Finance Committee, New Mexico House
- Health and Government Affairs Committee, New Mexico House
- Printing and Supplies Committee, New Mexico House
Varela is running for re-election to the 48th District Seat in 2010. He has no primary opposition but will be challenged by Bob Walsh in the general election which takes place on November 2, 2010.
Soundbites from bipartisan forum
Luciano Varela and his opponent Bob Walsh spoke at a forum in late September 2010.
In 2008, Varela collected $24,739 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2008 were:
|New Mexico Hospital Association||$1,500|
|Associated Contractors of New Mexico||$1,000|
|New Mexico Automotive Dealers Association||$1,000|
|New Mexico Medical Society||$1,000|
- New Mexico Legislature - Representative Luciano Varela
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996, 1994, 1992
- New Mexico Votes profile
|New Mexico House of Representatives - District 48
| Succeeded by|