|U.S. House, Indiana, District 6|
|Indiana House of Representatives|
|Profession||Executive Director of Hoosiers for Economic Growth|
- Wabash College
- Vanderbilt University, J.D.
- Co-founded a not-for-profit organization called Child Share Indiana
- 2001-2005: Executive Director and chief spokesman of the Indiana Republican Party
- Currently, Executive Director of Hoosiers for Economic Growth
Messer is running in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Indiana's 6th District. Messer is seeking the nomination on the Republican ticket.  Dan Bolling, Brad Bookout, Jim Crone, Lane Siekman, Barry Welsh, George Holland and Susan Hall Heitzman are running in the Democratic primary. Messer faces Bill Frazier, Travis Hankins, John Hatter, Don Bates, Jr., Andrew Phipps, Joseph Van Wye, and Joe Sizemore in the Republican primary. Candidates wishing to run were required to file by the signature filing deadline of February 24, 2012. The primary elections will be held on May 8, 2012.
Messer was endorsed by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce, with the decision announced by the organization's PAC, Indiana Chamber Congressional Action Committee.
- Luke Messer for Congress "Biography" Accessed February 3, 2012
- Pal Item "Governor Daniels Endorses Luke Messer in Sixth District Race" Accessed May 3, 2012
- IndyStar.com "Candidates line up for Pence's open seat in Congress" Accessed December 16, 2011
- Luke Messer for Congress "LUKE MESSER / Indiana Chamber endorses Luke Messer – Courier Times 3.9" Accessed April 13, 2012
- Luke Messer "ALLEN SMITH ENDORSES LUKE MESSER FOR CONGRESS" Accessed April 23, 2012
- Courier Times "Except for loan, Messer still leads in fundraising" Accessed May 3, 2012