|U.S. House, Indiana, District 6|
|January 3, 2013 - Present|
|January 3, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Predecessor||Mike Pence (R)|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Indiana House of Representatives|
|Birthday||Feb. 27, 1969|
|Place of birth||Evansville, Indiana|
|Profession||Executive Director of Hoosiers for Economic Growth|
Messer won election on November 6, 2012.
Messer was born in Evansville, Indiana.
- Wabash College
- Vanderbilt University, J.D.
- 2010-present: President, Hoosiers for Economic Growth Network
- 2006-present: Practicing lawyer
- 2003-2006: Served in the Indiana House
- 2001-05: Executive director, Indiana Republican Party
- 1999: Legal counsel, House Government Reform and Oversight Committee
- 1998-99: Legal counsel, Reps. Dan Burton, R-Ind., and David McIntosh, R-Ind.
- 1997: Press secretary, Rep. Ed Bryant, R-Tenn.
- 1995-96: Legal counsel, Koch Industries
Messer serves on the following committees:
- Committee on Budget
- Committee on Education and the Workforce
- Subcommittee on Health, Employment, Labor and Pensions
- Subcommittee on Higher Education and Workforce Training
- Committee on Foreign Affairs
- Subcommittee on Middle East and North Africa
- Subcommittee on Asia and the Pacific
Messer ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Indiana's 6th District. Messer defeated Bill Frazier, Travis Hankins, Don Bates, Jr., Joseph Van Wye, and Joe Sizemore in the May 8 Republican primary and defeated Brad Bookout (D) in the November 6 general election.
|U.S. House, Indiana District 6 General Election, 2012|
|Source: Indiana Secretary of State "House of Representatives Election Results"|
Messer was endorsed by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce, with the decision announced by the organization's PAC, Indiana Chamber Congressional Action Committee. Messer also received endorsements from Indiana Right to Life PAC and the National Rifle Association (NRA). 
|U.S. House of Representatives, Indiana's 6th Congressional District, 2012 - Luke Messer Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Opponent||$1,116,947|
|Total Spent by Opponent||$1,085,529|
|Top contributors to Luke Messer's campaign committee|
|Lifeline Data Centers||$20,000|
|Ice Miller LLP||$17,650|
|Barnes & Thornburg||$13,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
Based on congressional financial disclosure forms and calculations made available by OpenSecrets.org - The Center for Responsive Politics, Messer's net worth as of 2011 was estimated between $210,006 and $684,999. That averages to $447,502, which is lower than the average net worth of Republican Representatives in 2011 of $7,859,232.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Luke + Messer + Indiana + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Social media:
- Political profiles:
- Financial (federal level):
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Media appearances:
- Media coverage:
- Profile at Myspace
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Indiana"
- National Journal "Indiana, 6th House District: Luke Messer (R)," November 6, 2012
- Luke Messer for Congress "Biography" Accessed February 3, 2012
- Pal Item "Governor Daniels Endorses Luke Messer in Sixth District Race" Accessed May 3, 2012
- CQ.com, "House Committee Rosters for the 113th Congress"
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Luke Messer for Congress "LUKE MESSER / Indiana Chamber endorses Luke Messer – Courier Times 3.9" Accessed April 13, 2012
- Pal Item "Profiles of the Republican Candidates for the Sixth Congressional District" Accessed May 3, 2012
- Indiana Right to Life PAC "Indiana Right to Life PAC announces candidate endorsements in contested primaries " Accessed May 3, 2012
- National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund "Endorsements Indiana 2012" Accessed May 3, 2012
- Luke Messer "ALLEN SMITH ENDORSES LUKE MESSER FOR CONGRESS" Accessed April 23, 2012
- Courier Times "Except for loan, Messer still leads in fundraising" Accessed May 3, 2012
- Open Secrets "Luke Messer 2012 Election Cycle," Accessed February 20, 2013
- OpenSecrets.org, "Messer (R-Ind), 2011"
Mike Pence (R)
|U.S. House of Representatives - Indiana, District 6
| Succeeded by|