|Lynn A. Westmoreland|
|U.S. House, Georgia, District 3|
|January 3, 2007-Present|
|Years in position||8|
|Georgia House of Representatives, Republican Leader|
|Elections and appointments|
|U.S. House of Representatives, Georgia's 8th district|
|Georgia House of Representatives|
|High school||D.M. Therrell High School (1968)|
|Date of birth||April 2, 1950|
|Place of birth||Atlanta, Georgia|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Career
- 3 Committee assignments
- 4 Issues
- 5 Elections
- 6 Personal
- 7 Campaign donors
- 8 Analysis
- 9 External links
- 10 References
Westmoreland ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Georgia's 3rd District. He is seeking re-election on the Republican ticket. He defeated Kent Kingsley and Chip Flanegan in the July 31, 2012 Republican primary.
Lynn Westmoreland was born and raised in Georgia, living more than 25 years in Fayette County before moving to his current residence in Coweta County. Westmoreland owned a construction company, L.A.W. Builders, and worked as a real estate developer. Westmoreland attended Georgia State University, but did not complete his degree.
- 1993-2003: Georgia House of Representatives
- 2001-2003: House Republican Leader
- 2005-2007: United States House of Representatives, Georgia's 8th Congressional District
- 2007-Present: United States House of Representatives, Georgia's 3rd Congressional District
U.S. House of Representatives
- United States House of Representatives Committee on Financial Services 
- Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit
- Subcommittee on Insurance, Housing and Community Opportunity
- United States House of Representatives Committee on Intelligence (Permanent Select) 
Westmoreland won re-election in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Georgia's 3rd District. He defeated Kent Kingsley and Chip Flanegan in the primary on July 31, 2012. Westmoreland ran unopposed in the November 6, 2012 general election.
|U.S. House, Georgia District 3 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Lynn Westmoreland Incumbent||100%||232,380|
|Source: Georgia Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
Westmoreland and his wife Joan have been married for 41 years. They have three children and seven grandchildren. 
Westmoreland won re-election to the U.S. House of Representatives in 2010. During that re-election cycle, Westmorelands's campaign committee raised a total of $785,044 and spent $712,529.
|U.S. House of Representatives, Georgia's 3rd Congressional District, 2010 - Lynn Westmoreland Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$44,112|
|Total Spent by General Election Opponent||$43,282|
|Top contributors to Lynn Westmoreland's campaign committee|
|Georgia Crown Distributing||$10,400|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
Congressional Staff Salaries
The website Legistorm compiles staff salary information for members of Congress. Westmoreland paid his congressional staff a total of $924,315 in 2011. He ranks 135th on the list of the lowest paid Republican Representative Staff Salaries and he ranks 169th overall of the lowest paid Representative Staff Salaries in 2011. Overall, Georgia ranks 24th in average salary for representative staff. The average U.S. House of Representatives congressional staff was paid $954,912.20 in fiscal year 2011.
Based on congressional financial disclosure forms and calculations made available by OpenSecrets.org - The Center for Responsive Politics, Westmoreland's net worth as of 2010 was estimated between $-3,947,995 and $4,529,998. That averages to $291,001.50, which is lower than the average net worth of Republican Representatives in 2010 of $7,561,133.
Percentage voting with party
Lynn A. Westmoreland voted with the Republican Party 94 of the time, which ranked 78 among the 242 House Republican members as of November 2011.
- Political profiles:
- Financial (federal level):
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Media appearances:
- Media coverage:
- Profile at Facebook
- Times Herald "Kingsley announces run for Third District Congressional seat" Accessed February 16, 2012
- Associated Press "Results" Accessed July 31, 2012
- Gov Track "Westmoreland" Accessed May 23, 2012
- Congressman Lynn A. Westmoreland, 3rd District of Georgia "Biography" Accessed October 25, 2011
- Lynn Westmoreland--U.S. Congress "Lynn's Bio" Accessed October 25, 2011
- Washington Post, "Gingrich gets Westmoreland endorsement," December 8, 2011
- [www.politico.com/2012-election/map/#/House/2012/ Politico "2012 Election Map"]
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
- Open Secrets "Lynn A. Westmoreland's 2010 Election Cycle," Accessed October 26, 2011
- LegiStorm "Lynn Westmoreland"
- OpenSecrets.org, "Westmoreland, (R-Georgia), 2010"
- OpenCongress, "Voting With Party," accessed July 2014
|U.S. House of Representatives - Georgia District 3
| Succeeded by|