|Nevada State Assembly District 22|
|2006 - Present|
|Years in position||7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||6 terms (12 years)|
|Bachelor's||Brigham Young University|
|Master's||Brigham Young University|
|Place of birth||Salt Lake City, Utah|
|Profession||University Student Teaching Supervisor, Brigham Young University-Idaho|
Stewart received both his bachelor's and master's degrees from Brigham Young University. He served in the United States Army from 1967 to 1970. He is university student teaching supervisor for Brigham Young University-Idaho, and is a retired government and history high school teacher. Stewart and his wife, Diane, have two children: Layne and Suzanne.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Stewart has been appointed to these committees:
- Government Affairs
- Legislative Operations and Elections
- Taxation Committee, Nevada Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Stewart served on these committees:
- Education Committee, Nevada Assembly
- Government Affairs Committee, Nevada Assembly
- Health and Human Services Committee, Nevada Assembly
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2012
Stewart is running in the 2012 election for Nevada State Assembly, District 22. Stewart is running unopposed in the June 12 primary election. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012.
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2010
On November 2, 2010 Stewart won election to the Nevada House of Representatives. He defeated Scott Chappel, Duane Christy, and Calanit Atia in the June 8 primary. Steward bested Kevin Donovan (D), Nathan Santucci (L), and Salli Durbin (Independent American) in the general election.
|Nevada House of Representatives, District 22 General election (2010)|
|Lynn Stewart (D)||32,703|
|Kevin Donovan (D)||23,190|
|Nathan Santucci (L)||1,688|
|Salli Durbin (I)||1,281|
Stewart raised $80,106 for his campaign.
|Nevada State Assembly, District 22 (2008)|
|Lynn Stewart (R)||43,110||64.47%|
In 2010, a year in which Stewart was up for re-election, she collected $113,410 in donations.
Listed below are the four largest contributors to Stewart's 2010 campaign.
|Nevada Power Co||$5,000|
|Nevada Association Of Realtors||$5,000|
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Lynn Stewart's 2008 campaign.
|Nevada Association of Realtors||$2,500|
|South Point Hotel & Casino||$2,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Lynn + Stewart + Nevada + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Nevada Assembly - Rep. Lynn Stewart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2004
- Biography from Turn Nevada Red
- ↑ Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Eight Nevada State Senators," November 16, 2011
- ↑ Nevada Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Candidates
- ↑ Clark County - 2012 Primary Candidates
- ↑ Washoe County - 2012 Primary candidates
- ↑ Nevada Secretary of State - 2008 General Election Results
- ↑ 2008 Follow the Money's report on Lynn's 2008 campaign contributions
- ↑ 2010 campaign contributions
|Nevada State Assembly District 22
| Succeeded by|