|Vermont House of Representatives Chittenden 7-4|
|January 9, 2013 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Per diem||$162/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Retired high school teacher|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Townsend served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Government Operations|
Townsend's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
What I believe…
- Social responsibility and fiscal responsibility are not mutually exclusive.
- What benefits our natural environment, benefits our business environment.
- Affordable, quality health care is critical for all Vermonters.
- The same is true regarding affordable, quality education, pre-K through post-secondary.
- Civil rights are a bedrock issue.
- The youngest, the oldest, and the most vulnerable among us merit particular support.
- Government has a responsibility in ensuring the common good.
Townsend won election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Chittenden 7-4. Townsend was unopposed in the August 28 Democratic primary and defeated Timothy Cutler (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Chittenden 7-4 District, General Election, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Maida + Townsend + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Maida+Townsend+Vermont+House&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss%7Ctemplate=slpfeed%7Cmax=10%7Ctitle=Maida Townsend News Feed