Maine's 1st Congressional District elections, 2012
November 6, 2012
June 12, 2012
The signature filing deadline for candidates wishing to run is March 15, 2012. The primary elections will be held on June 12, 2012.
Maine's 1st congressional district encompasses Cumberland, Knox, Lincoln, Sagadahoc and York counties. Additionally, the district includes most of Kennebec county.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Chellie Pingree (D), who was first elected in 2008.
Impact of redistricting
- See also: Redistricting in Maine
- United States House of Representatives elections in Maine, 2012
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2012
- WMTW.com "Snowe Announcement Causes Political Storm" Accessed March 2, 2012
- The Forecaster "Snowe's retirement changes Dill's plans" Accessed March 3, 2012
- Huffington Post "A New Course: Announcing Our Campaign for Congress" Accessed March 3, 2012
- Sun Journal "List of Maine congressional candidates grows; Raye undecided on Senate bid" Accessed March 3, 2012
- Bangor Daily News "The Next David To Pingree's Goliath" Accessed March 2, 2012
- Bangor Daily News "Five Republicans join Senate race; Michaud, Raye stick to House race" Accessed March 3, 2012
- Kennebec Journal "Baldacci, Michaud, Pingree take out papers for Senate seat" Accessed March 2, 2012
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010" Accessed November 21, 2011