Maine's 1st Congressional District elections, 2012
November 6, 2012
June 12, 2012
The signature filing deadline for candidates wishing to run was March 15, 2012. The primary elections will be held on June 12, 2012.
Maine's 1st congressional district encompasses Cumberland, Knox, Lincoln, Sagadahoc and York counties. Additionally, the district includes most of Kennebec county.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Chellie Pingree (D), who was first elected in 2008.
- Chellie Pingree: Incumbent
- Note: Barry Hobbins, David Costa, Wellington Lyons, David Lamoine, Richard Snow, Mark Gartley, and John Vedral expressed an intention to run in the 1st district but failed to file prior to the filing deadline of March 15, 2012.
Impact of redistricting
- See also: Redistricting in Maine
- United States House of Representatives elections in Maine, 2012
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2012
- Bangor Daily News "Five Republicans join Senate race; Michaud, Raye stick to House race" Accessed March 3, 2012
- Bangor Daily News "The Next David To Pingree's Goliath" Accessed March 2, 2012
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010" Accessed November 21, 2011