Difference between revisions of "Maine's 2nd Congressional District elections, 2012"
m (→Race Background)
|Line 12:||Line 12:|
Revision as of 19:13, 26 September 2012
November 6, 2012
June 12, 2012
|Candidate Filing Deadline||Primary Election||General Election|
Primary: Maine has a closed primary system, in which the selection of a party's candidates in an election is limited to registered party members.
Voter registration: There is no deadline for in-person voter registration, but the cut-off for registration by mail is October 16.
- See also: Maine elections, 2012
Incumbent: Heading into the election the incumbent is Mike Michaud (D), who was first elected in 2002.
This will be the first election using new district maps based on 2010 Census data. Maine's 2nd congressional district encompasses the entire northern portion of the state north of the Portland and Augusta.
Note: Election results were added on election night as races were called. Vote totals were added after official election results had been certified. For more information about Ballotpedia's election coverage plan, click here. If you find any errors in this list, please email: Geoff Pallay.
General election candidates
June 12, 2012,, primary results
Impact of redistricting
- See also: Redistricting in Maine
Incumbent Mike Michaud first defeated Kevin Raye in the 2002 election for Maine's 2nd congressional district. He won by only four percent of the vote. Since then, Raye has served as a state senator for eight years, during which he was the senate president for two years. Michaud admits that this makes his opponent more competitive, but cites his own eight year incumbency in the 2nd district's house seat as giving him the edge.
|U.S. House of Representatives, Maine's 2nd Congressional District, General Election, 2010|
|Democratic||Mike Michaud Incumbent||55.1%||147,042|
|Republican||Jason J. Levesque||44.9%||119,669|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Maine, 2012
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2012
- Maine Secretary of State "Voter Guide," Accessed July 25, 2012
- Maine Redistricting Map "Map" Accessed July 24, 2012
- Morning Sentinel "Raye to challenge Michaud for House seat," January 6, 2012
- Sun Journal "List of Maine congressional candidates grows; Raye undecided on Senate bid" accessed March 3, 2012
- Associated Press "Election Results" accessed June 12, 2012
- Maine Secretary of State "Primary List of Candidates" accessed March 9, 2012
- www.Boston.com Maine's 2nd District race features rematch
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010" Accessed November 29, 2011