Maine 1992 ballot measures
Revision as of 16:55, 2 August 2011 by Ballotpedia Editor
Eight Maine Bond Questions were on the statewide 1992 ballot in Maine.
- Two of the bonding questions were on the state's primary ballot.
- All of the bond questions were referred to the ballot by the Maine legislature.
- $101,000,000 of the requests were approved.
- $26,985,000 of the requests were defeated.
|Measure||Ballot||Requested||For||Percent in favor||Outcome|
|Question 1||Primary||$37,000,000||Infrastructure spending||61.0%|
|Question 2||Primary||$42,000,000||Improvements to transportation facilities||58.6%|
|Question 4||General||$10,000,000||Solid waste landfills||51.9%|
|Question 5||General||$6,000,000||Port facilities||25.4%|
|Question 6||General||$8,000,000||OSHA compliance||37.8%|
|Question 7||General||$12,000,000||Water pollution control||59.7%|
|Question 8||General||$9,985,000||Tuition for unemployed||44.8%|
|Question 9||General||$3,000,000||Trains in Piscatquis||38.7%|
- List of ballot measures by state
- List of Maine ballot measures
- Maine 1992 ballot measures
- 1992 ballot measures
- Do you favor a $37,000,000 bond issue for municipal and other infrastructure improvements and activities designed to create and preserve jobs?
- Do you favor a $42,000,000 bond issue to create and protect jobs through capital improvements in transportation facilities?
- Do you favor a $10,000,000 bond issue to fund loans and grants to municipalities and regional associations for purchasing recycling equipment and facilities and for the closure and remediation of municipal solid waste landfills?
- Do you favor a $6,000,000 bond issue to help municipalities pay for the repair and improvement of publicly owned port facilities?
- Do you favor a $8,000,000 bond issue for capital repairs to state facilities to meet health and safety codes and comply with Occupational Safety and Health Administration standards?
- Do you favor a $12,000,000 bond issue for the construction of water pollution control facilities, providing the state match for approximately $30,000,000 in federal money?
- Do you favor a $9,985,000 bond issue to fund the payment of tuition for unemployed Maine citizens enrolled as full-time students in eligible programs at Maine's technical colleges?
- Do you favor a $3,000,000 bond issue for the acquisition of certain rail lines to ensure the continuation of rail services in rural Piscataquis, Penobscot and Waldo counties?