Maine 1996 ballot measures
Revision as of 18:18, 17 November 2011 by January
1996 ballot in Maine.
- Nine measures were approved, while two were defeated.
- Eight measures were legislative referrals.
- Three measures were citizen-initiated.
On the ballot
|LRSS||Question 1 Primary||Bond issues||$4,905,316 in bonds to create a statewide library system|
|CISS||Question 1||Term limits||Impose term limits on Maine's delegation to the U.S. Congress|
|CISS||Question 2A||Environment||Regulations on how much timber could be removed from state lands in any 15 year period.|
|LR||Question 2B||Environment||Adopt statewide rules governing timber harvesting in Maine|
|LR||Question 2C||Environment||Reject both measure 2A and 2B|
|CISS||Question 3||Elections||Enact system under which political candidates could be funded by the "Clean Elections Fund"|
|LRSS||Question 4||Bonds||$3 million in bonds for improvements to the state park and historic site facilities|
|LRSS||Question 5||Bonds||$16.5 million to investigate, abate and clean up hazardous substance discharges|
|LRSS||Question 6||Bonds||$11 million in bonds for the Small Enterprise Growth Fund and the Agricultural Marketing Load Fund|
|LRSS||Question 7||Bonds||$10 million for water pollution management facilities|
|Question 8||Elections||Increase from 2 to 5 the number of working days that local officials have to certify signatures on initiatives.|
- 1996 ballot measures
- List of Maine ballot measures
- Laws governing the initiative process in Maine
- Maine Legislature
- Citizen's guide to the November 5, 1996 Maine ballot questions
- November 5, 1996 Maine ballot question election results, Questions 1-4
- November 5, 1996 Maine ballot question election results, Questions 5-8
- June 11 election vote totals
- Votes on Maine initiatives
- Votes on Maine constitutional amendments
- Votes on Maine bond questions