Maine 1997 ballot measures
Revision as of 13:59, 2 May 2014 by MargaretK
November 4, 1997 ballot in Maine.Six statewide ballot measures were on the
- One of the measures was an automatic ballot referral from a 1996 ballot measure.
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment.
- One of the measures was a legislatively-referred state statute.
- Three of the measures were legislatively-referred bond questions.
- Four of the measures were approved and two were defeated.
On the ballot
|ABR||Question 1||Forests & Parks||Makes the Compact for Maine's Forests into law|
|BI||Question 2||Water||Issues $7 million in bonds, matching $15 million in federal bonds, for water pollution control facilities|
|BI||Question 3||Bonds||Issues $10 million in bonds for the Adaptive Equipment Loan Program Fund|
|BI||Question 4||Transportation||Issues $56.85 million in bonds for transportation improvements|
|Question 5||Suffrage||Repeals provision that prevents persons under guardianship because of mental illnesses from voting|
|LRSS||Question 6||Transportation||Expands southern end of Maine Turnpike|
- Citizen's guide to the November 4, 1997 ballot questions in Maine
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Initiated Bills 1980-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Votes on Maine Bond Issues, 1951-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Proposed Constitutional Amendments 1820-
- Maine State Law and Legislative Reference Library, Referenda Votes on Acts of the Maine Legislature 1910-